• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Ultimate X-Men # 1 - 20

20 posts in this topic

For sale: Ultimate X-Men # 1-20

These are all raw NM/NM+.

Total cover price for these books (which is what I paid) is $45. I'll make that the minimum.

Reply here or PM me with any offers or questions. I'll take the highest offer (plus actual shipping) after three days from this post.

Thanks for looking! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Brad,

I would pay the $45

However, this isn't really like an auction block. Isn't that more something for eBay.

Not to mention we can't really see if people are actually offering you prices above what you say they are. I think you should maybe just state the price you want and thats it.

Not to say I wouldn't believe you. I think it would just be better all around for sales.

Brad,

I would pay the $45

However, this isn't really like an auction block. Isn't that more something for eBay.

Not to mention we can't really see if people are actually offering you prices above what you say they are. I think you should maybe just state the price you want and thats it.

Not to say I wouldn't believe you. I think it would just be better all around for sales.

Russ makes an interesting point...instead of pm's ask the interested parties to post their offer on the thread like a silent auction !

Brad,

I would pay the $45

Yes, it would make it simpler for people to post thier offers instead of PM's, (that way there's no question that an actual offer has been made) but I don't want to discourage people who might want to remain anonymous from making an offer.

You're suggesting that, in the future, I first throw out a figure that I'd accept on the spot? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, all I am saying is this.

Lets say you post saying you will start at say $45. I say $45 and nobody else says anything. You could in a sense say, oh... well someone said $50 and pretty much of just been fishing around for a deal.

Just saying, either do the auction way the way you like to but have us post our offers in the thread.

Or say how much you want and see if you get any takers.

Personally...I shy away from any "make an offer" deals. It's a waste of mine and your time. Just say what you want for the comics or put them on eBay. If you aren't sure what you want for the comics then I suggest holding them back until you do... makepoint.gif

Personally...I shy away from any "make an offer" deals. It's a waste of mine and your time.

You really think so? I'm new to this whole "selling" thing. All my life I've only *purchased* comics. I'm still in the learning process of how to be a seller.

Just say what you want for the comics or put them on eBay.

I'm kinda hesitant to sell stuff on eBay, but I might give it a shot eventually.

For now, howabout I continue this offer for this batch of books, but the next time I list something, I'll just list an actual sale price.

And thanks for all the input, guys. thumbsup2.gif

While I agree that "make an offer" isn't my favorite way either, I don't think Brad's done anything wrong.

This is the "Marketplace". It is not "Forum Auctions". He can choose to list the books however he wants.

Thanks so much Cave.

In that case, I offer $55 for all.

Points out some flaws in this method

1) You shouldn't outbid yourself!

2) You have to be around to outbid someone else or post your max like Russ just did

3) No way to bid and remain anonymous

I remember comic auctions before eBay were a going, going, gone approach and ran for a series of weeks( I think Tracey Heft used to do these) a little shaky on the method but

1st round: All comics start off at one price, email or pm you the comics you want and the list is re-posted with the comics with bids marked.

2nd round: All comics are shown with no bid or the bidders name ( you could just put anonymous) any advances are done in a preset increment.

3rd round: All comics with 1 bid and no advancement go to 'going' status ( if only one bodder and no further advancement of the bid then next would be 'going 2', followed by 'gone' and sold to the initial bidder.

Comics with no bids have no change in status and the auction continues until everything is sold or fails to sell.

Not a good explanantion but it was a lot of fun!

BradleyX2 might have done it as so

Round 1:

Sentry $30.00 (Anonymous Bid)

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $40 (ComicSupply)

Round 2:

Sentry $35.00 (spideysense)

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $45 (Comic Supply)

Round 3 :

Sentry $40.00 (Anonymous Bid)

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $50 (ComicSupply)

Round 4:

Sentry $45 (ninanina)

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $55 (Comic Supply)

Round 5:

Sentry $45 (ninanina) going

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $55 (Comic Supply) going

Round 6:

Sentry $45 (ninanina) going 2

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $55 (Comic Supply) going 2

Round 7:

Sentry $45 (ninanina) gone

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $55 (Comic Supply) gone

Round 8:

Sentry $45 (ninanina) sold

Generations $20 no bid

Ultimate X-Men $55 (Comic Supply) sold

Eventually the auction ends with no offers for the poor John Byrne books

This scenario is flawed because comicsupply would not outbid himself each time

the auction continues as long as there are advancements

the seller reserves the right to close an item with a ' I'll take for $ offer '

I would participate in an auction like this!!!!

Anyone else

I'm kinda hesitant to sell stuff on eBay, but I might give it a shot eventually.

Before I read that, I just assumed that you wanted to auction off your comics but didn't want to pay the listing fees on ebay, which makes you come across as pretty "cheap" and made me not to want to go anywhere near your "auctions". I agree with whomever said that this isn't auction site. Tell everyone what you want for your comics, or tell everyone to PM you with offers. It's best that way, like someone said, to avoid those "phantom" bidders who supposedly drive those prices up. smile.gif

And IMO, you'll rarely get cover price on modern comics. Unless you get them on a HUGE discount, you're not likely to get your money back.

I think chrisco37 hit it on the head.

It really is up to Bradley how he wishes to do it, and we can trust him (I do!) or not in he stated offers. Fact is, a person is not going to give more then what he wants to anyway.

p.s. CGC could set up a mini auction site if they wanted to. I set one up for my old board at one time. It was adequate for a situation like this, low traffic and small number of catagories). I'll look up that software (it was free) if you guys want me to. Since here is where I spend most of my on-line time, it would be sweet to have auctions here! Shoot, no Ebay fees alone would make that nice!

I went ahead and looked it up. Here is the software I used when I had mine: Auction Software

Simple but did the trick.

It's a Comics Marketplace, he's running some simple 3 day "best offer" requests, & the people who win seem to be getting what they wanted. I see "best offer" posts on this forum all the time. Unless the mods have a problem with it I don't seee why he should be taking any flack at all. If he was running 10 at a time it would be one thing but he seems to be doing them 1 at a time as to not clog up the board.

Weren't you the guy that was trying to sell some musical cds in the Comics Marketplace last month?

I really wasn't trying to start anything. It was just a suggestion. The only reason I said it was to

1. Make sure everyone knew the prices and

2. Make sure that if you wanted the book, you knew that there was another person on the boards who was willing to pay more.

I like the idea of board auctions and yes I was the one selling CD's. However, I did state the prices up front for what I wanted. I was trying to pass off a good deal.

I like Brad, I think he made some really cool posts about his stuff and he PM'd me some questions. I would have no problem buying some books from him. I would just want to know that there are others offering above my prices.

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I've considered everything everyone has posted here, and it seems that the best way to do this from now on would be like most of you said, and just say "I'm selling these particular comics, and I'd like $X for them." And whoever offers that amount, they're sold on the spot.

If I don't get any takers, my price was just too high, and I'll have to lower it accordingly.

So that's what I'll do from now on, but since I already posted this batch, I'll let this one play out.

So about 50 hours to go, and these guys'll be sold.

(And not wanting to use eBay is not really about the listing fees, but more about dealing with the "unknown element" as it were. Since I, in a way, *know* all you forum members, I feel more comfortable doing business with you guys.

And I know that the vast majority of moderns I have, I won't get even cover price for. That's ok, though; I'll just accept the difference in price between what I bought them for and what I'll sell them for as the entertainment they gave me by reading them. *Some* moderns, though (like these Ult. X-men) I would think would do pretty well.)

And again, I appreciate all the suggestions. flowerred.gif

I personally think selling strictly on the Marketplace is a good idea. The whole "silent auction" doesn't really work, but I'd say if discussions are made on the board about desired price or negotiations, then it's much better than using eBay. Plus no seller fees!

Sold to ComicSupply for $55.

ComicSupply, PM me with the address to ship them to, and they'll be on their way.

And once more, thanks for everyone's input. From now on, I'll just list an actual sale price, (and I might just have to get over my selling-on-eBay phobia).

flowerred.gif