• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Total noob question here...

19 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a total noob when comes to comic books conventions. I'm about to attend my first, and I'm planning on bring a few books to drop off at the CGC booth. I was wondering how do folks carry their books at conventions? Do they carry just a bag/box with their bagged and boarded books in it?

Sorry if this sounds incredibly dumb and TIA!

I use a small shipping box and bubble wrap. The bubbles keep stuff from moving around, I keep several pieces so I can remove some as I buy stuff, or remove if I drop books off to be graded.

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks pal! I like that BCW 1.5" portfolio case, wish I knew about that earlier. I'm going to a show tomorrow and will just carry my 2 books (first time using CGC to test the whole slabbing thing with these 2...), bag & board, in a magazine topload holder. Seems pretty secure for a short trip...

I like a metal briefcase handcuffed to my wrist, with something that looks like a gun in a shoulder-holster under my suit jacket. Of course, it is just a bar of soap in the holster, but so far, the security guards haven't given me any grief over it.

:D

-slym

I carry a backpack with a shipping box with the end cut off in it to all shows, works great for carrying in books to trade, and for purchased books.

I also keep business cards, magnifying glass and loupe, pen, notepad, etc in it.

I take a messenger bag with the same sort of setup. The bubble wrap sheets to take up the empty space is a good idea too.

Of course, it is just a bar of soap in the holster...

Finally...someone bringing a necessary item to a comic convention!

Peace,

Chip

Even better - get one of those air-fresheners that spritz out a little bit on a timer, and strap it to your backback or cart. That way, everywhere you go, it freshens the air.

:lol:

-slym