• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Sgt Fury 1

9 posts in this topic

Fairly solid comic has 1/4" spine split at bottom, a little writing on the front & back cover. Insides are really nice.

Worst flaw is a 1" tear on the back cover near the top staple. It creates a "flap" there, but the cover is still solidly attached at the top staple.

What do you think the grade is the way it is now.

Do you think I should use some archival tape on the "flap" or just leave it alone.

Sorry about the bad back cover photo, I guess my flash didn't go off.

get-attachment_zpsc00c002a.jpg

get-attachment-1_zpscd052399.jpg

Looks like a 3.0. Archival tape will prevent the spine from splitting further, but will turn off some buyers when it is time for resale. If you plan on keeping it forever and plan to read it every couple of years, a little tape may make sense. If you are going to list it this week, I'd leave it as is.

Looks like a 3.0. Archival tape will prevent the spine from splitting further, but will turn off some buyers when it is time for resale. If you plan on keeping it forever and plan to read it every couple of years, a little tape may make sense. If you are going to list it this week, I'd leave it as is.

The spine actually isn't splitting at all (except for the 1/4" at the bottom) and is fairly solid. I just thought the "flap" on the back cover near the top staple might be something to stabilize.

I think i'll eave it alone.

My first thought is a nice reader 1.8/2.0 I put tape on many of my old readers back in the 70's and would not hesitate to do so today if i planned to keep in my collection long term. On the other hand if I had any intention of selling a more key issue I would probably just leave it alone.

3.0 ....... leave it alone..... just make sure the mylar is behind the book and then slide both back into the snug. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u