• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kermit's Pad

57 posts in this topic

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll make sure that Kermit gets a link to this.

I'm a little more thick-skinned and actually thrive on the criticism. (I'm sure you can imagine what I went through as the Chief Technology Officer for the 3rd-largest and publicly traded e-commerce company in the world.)

He and I bust our butts about 12 hours a day entering data, scanning books, sending out orders, etc... Things are getting better now that we have three other people helping out though.

I'm also really excited about finding this great group of people in this forum. I definitely think we'll be able to keep improving with all the great feedback. Maybe someday we'll even make DiceX a happy customer smile.gif

Joe

I'm not hard to please. Give me what you say you're giving me, and I'm happy.

The fact that you're here looking for feedback brought my opinion up a notch or two.

While I appreciate the work you're putting into the site. IMO, you don't have to enter all the data you do on each book. I'd rather you focus that effort go into the grading, and putting up a nice scan. All the extra data is nice, but not necessary.

One more question...Is Kermit's Pad a maxi, or a mini? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Rabbi was from the New Jersey area, I believe.

Based on how things have been going, DiceX, I think you're correct about the stuff on which we should be focusing. We're starting to move in that direction more and more. I take the blame for trying to do too much, which detracted from what was truly important. It came from my experience in the standard retail world, where we excelled because we were one of the pioneers trying to take advantage of how much more the Internet allowed us to describe about the merits of the product.

In hindsight, I should have done more research in forums like this to figure out what the merits are in the collectible world up front.

It's good to hear the confirmation that our improvement in inspecting the book more before it goes out and our recent improvement in the scanning process is what our focus needed to be.

(We also have gone overboard on packing the products too...)

hey FF what grade would you give the FF112???

The same grade I told Kermit and Joe it was when he told me he was thinking about submitting it to CGC--9.0 or 9.2. I lean towards 9.0 due to the spine stresses and the extremely light crease on the top edge above the letters "ine" in the "World's Greatest Magazine" header (all those defects are visible in the scan).

I've got another 8.5/9.0 copy, so I'll eventually compare the two and keep whichever one is better. I think this one's better, which is why I bought it.

Looks very similar to the copy I bought from Bob Storms a few years ago. My copy is a 9.0. This one has a few more color breaks than mine, so I'd say it looks 8.0/8.5 from the FC scan.

Still a very nice book. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Why do I keep getting spam from this place?

I've unsubscribed (to something that I never subscribed to) multiple times.

It's getting old, Kermie. sumo.gif

gossip.gif Report them to their ISP.

Trying 66.70.120.50 at ARIN

Trying 66.70.120 at ARIN

OrgName: DataPipe

OrgID: DATAPI-2

Address: 80 River Street, 5th Floor

City: Hoboken

StateProv: NJ

PostalCode: 07030

NetRange: 66.70.0.0 - 66.70.127.255

CIDR: 66.70.0.0/17

NetName: DATAPIPE-BLK3

NetHandle: NET-66-70-0-0-1

Parent: NET-66-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Allocation

NameServer: NS1.DATAPIPE.NET

NameServer: NS2.DATAPIPE.NET

NameServer: NS3.DATAPIPE.NET

Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE

RegDate: 2001-01-26

Updated: 2004-08-26

AbuseHandle: DATAP-ARIN

AbuseName: DataPipe Abuse

AbusePhone: +1-201-792-1918

AbuseEmail: abuse@datapipe.com <<<<<<< headbang.gif

TechHandle: DH1029-ARIN

TechName: DataPipe Hostmaster

TechPhone: +1-201-792-1918

TechEmail: hostmaster@datapipe.com

OrgAbuseHandle: DATAP-ARIN

OrgAbuseName: DataPipe Abuse

OrgAbusePhone: +1-201-792-1918

OrgAbuseEmail: abuse@datapipe.com

OrgTechHandle: DH1029-ARIN

OrgTechName: DataPipe Hostmaster

OrgTechPhone: +1-201-792-1918

OrgTechEmail: h

Yeah, as I was clicking on the unsubscribe link today, I thought "Self, didn't I already do this like a month or two ago?" I am now thinking it is just there to comply with some policy from their ISP and/or to verify email accounts that are still being used. Total douchebaggery either way.

Yeah, as I was clicking on the unsubscribe link today, I thought "Self, didn't I already do this like a month or two ago?" I am now thinking it is just there to comply with some policy from their ISP and/or to verify email accounts that are still being used. Total douchebaggery either way.

I've done it 3 times now.

AND sent an email directly to them.

I still get it.

Maybe they will start giving out "Pad Pennies" for clicking the Unsubscribe button.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif