• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars Hot Topic - A Public Service Announcement

85 posts in this topic

Selling some information - price is $0.00, and I have enough for everyone, so just post an :takeit: and I'll see that you get said info. Here is a taste of what you can expect for your $0.00:

Just in case anyone missed it, Hot Topic has been instructed to go ahead and release all remaining copies @ $4.99. You can find out about it here

official HOT TOPIC Star Wars #1 variant update:

a) Do NOT purchase this variant on eBay at ridiculous prices !

b) Stores that did not discard and/or destroy their copies are returning them to the sales floor and continue to sell at $4.99

c) There is no confirmation that a "reprint" is coming.

d) The FUNKO POP! Avengers image on the back of the comic is no longer "confidential".

e) Bleeding Cool's terms of "recall" / "pulping" / and "spoiler" were not used in any of the Hot Topic official e-mails, and their stated price was not $3.99, actually it should of been $7.99, but stores are honoring the $4.99 cover price, until further notice. (again too much conflicting information)

f) Hot Topic stores will receive "further direction" on Monday.

I probably just broke a rule by posting this, but...with the number of people currently paying through the nose for this book, I think it bears mention...even with the possibility of having my wrist slapped for it.

:takeit: does this keep the thread legit?

*disclaimer* paying $0.00 for the information you just provided

Some hole actually reported the post :(

That doesn't surprise me. Some sellers still have a stack to get rid of and I bet some buyers have already asked to be released from the purchase.

I have no issue with paying for what you committed to, but to continue to try and push the book is another issue.

Exactly. A deal is a deal, and if you agreed to purchase this book before this news broke, then too bad for you. If it kept going up in value, you wouldn't be running back to the seller to offer them more money, right...? That's the whole point of "speculation" - you win some, you lose some - but hopefully you keep your integrity, and your word.

At the same time, the news is out now...and this board is supposed to function at a higher level than the normal eBay trolls. As such, boardies should be looking out for each other - not trying to bend each other over for a buck.

I understand and appreciate the community "feel" of these boards. With that being said, I am one of the people who has sold and is selling the Star Wars 1 Hot Topic comic here in the boards. Honestly, if these rumors are true, I stand to lose some solid money. I am mulling over some of my options, and will make a statement in my sales thread at 230pm eastern. If you are affected or curious, the link is in my sig line.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I have no issue with paying for what you committed to, but to continue to try and push the book is another issue.

Exactly. A deal is a deal, and if you agreed to purchase this book before this news broke, then too bad for you. If it kept going up in value, you wouldn't be running back to the seller to offer them more money, right...? That's the whole point of "speculation" - you win some, you lose some - but hopefully you keep your integrity, and your word.

At the same time, the news is out now...and this board is supposed to function at a higher level than the normal eBay trolls. As such, boardies should be looking out for each other - not trying to bend each other over for a buck.

:golfclap: Totally agree!

Many of these were in fact destroyed, the book was selling pretty briskly before the pull from the shelves as well. I still think long-term as these dry up, mixed with the collectibility of Star Wars these may be a good buy. I own some still, so I obviously have a horse in the race, the market will decide what it decides, but I wouldn't be so sure that long-term this settles back down around its cost at Hot Topic.

The "rumor" is true. I am at a mall in austin and they confirmed the recall was cancelled, but they had already defaced all their copies.

They called around, but all surrounding stores had destroyed there's. Hopefully after paying through the nose I didn't lose too much.