• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld Convention pricing/interactions

27 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

Quick questions for those in the know. I am headed to wizard world cleveland this year, have a few comics for Rob to sign, and was gonna see if i could get a blank cover drawn from him.

Just wondering about boardies interactions with him? Pricing? Does he have an art rep that takes slots for the show that day etc. I have googled the subject and some of the info i have found seems to be mixed.

Thanks for taking the time !

All the best.

As for prices for Rob:

New Mutants 98 and 87 are $30

New Mutants, X-Force, or a book featuring Deadpool are $20

Anything else is $10.

Tack on $20 if it is for CGC.

Commissions your looking at simple remarkings and quarter of the book sketches for $100-$150, Busts around the $200-$300, and anything else is dependent on him and what he wants to price it at. Have one commission request for him that cost a little over $700 just for a blank...

Oh wow, I didn't realize Rob raised his prices. I met him last year at Wondercon and his prices were:

NM 87 - $20

NM 98 - $25

NM 100 - $10

Everything else - $5

As far as sketches go, he charged $150 for any bust. Here's what I got:

IMG_20140624_113944.jpg

I'm a little disappointed with the result as deadpool's head is off centered with his body, it just doesn't look right to me.

Rob Liefeld is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag, plain and simple. Had people waiting forever online on Saturday at NYCC 2014 and would take his time signing because he was blowing air up his own butt while talking to someone sitting at his booth.

As for commissions, he tends to advertise them on through Twitter. He does bust and full fig commissions. You can also hit him up on his site as well. Prices for his SIG on books vary, depending on character and whether or not its a key book. Even if you pack a ton of patience at the signing, it'll be spent quickly.

Rob Liefeld is a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bag, plain and simple. Had people waiting forever online on Saturday at NYCC 2014 and would take his time signing because he was blowing air up his own butt while talking to someone sitting at his booth.

As for commissions, he tends to advertise them on through Twitter. He does bust and full fig commissions. You can also hit him up on his site as well. Prices for his SIG on books vary, depending on character and whether or not its a key book. Even if you pack a ton of patience at the signing, it'll be spent quickly.

Oh that's not as bad as what happened at last year's comikaze. There was a pretty long line of people waiting for him to do some signings and of course he was late. And because he had to be somewhere else, he only signed for like 10 mins. People were walking away pissed for standing in line for so long. I was standing in the JSC line watching the whole thing happen.

Personally I'm a fan boy so I'll always enjoy his art. I've always looked at his target audience not being adults and especially in the 80's and 90's towards teenagers who saw guys like Arnold, Sly, and the likes being what was popular. As for his prices do I think they're high? Hell yes I do, but being a completionist I want his full New Mutant and X-Force run signed by him. Also got a few commissions by him as well with this one being the one I was most happy with:

img080_zps335d1522.jpg

Looking forward to Amazing though as I have a few more for the man to sign.

Personally I'm a fan boy so I'll always enjoy his art. I've always looked at his target audience not being adults and especially in the 80's and 90's towards teenagers who saw guys like Arnold, Sly, and the likes being what was popular. As for his prices do I think they're high? Hell yes I do, but being a completionist I want his full New Mutant and X-Force run signed by him. Also got a few commissions by him as well with this one being the one I was most happy with:

img080_zps335d1522.jpg

Looking forward to Amazing though as I have a few more for the man to sign.

Damn that pretty decent (thumbs u nice one Akoni

Honestly yes and that's why when you request deadpool you need to be specific on what you want. Dustin Roberts has a great example of you being specific and not simply saying I want a Deadpool. Same with the Cable above. Told him I wanted the robotic like version rather than his typical one. Honestly... You get what you pay for...

As for prices for Rob:

New Mutants 98 and 87 are $30

New Mutants, X-Force, or a book featuring Deadpool are $20

Anything else is $10.

Tack on $20 if it is for CGC.

Commissions your looking at simple remarkings and quarter of the book sketches for $100-$150, Busts around the $200-$300, and anything else is dependent on him and what he wants to price it at. Have one commission request for him that cost a little over $700 just for a blank...

I thought Rob doesn't do remarks.