• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why don't you participate in the read 1000 comics in a year thread?

64 posts in this topic

That's kind of a personal question isn't it? I don't even know you. You should at least take me out to dinner and attempt to take advantage of me before asking things like that. :sumo:

You should offer him free lap dances.

:D

Thats only at parties and on specific holidays.

...and wednesdays. :banana:

Unca? Unca?

:sorry:

I'm lucky if I can read a few comics per week. I've tried participating in previous threads just for fun and to have a record of what I read, but making a log turned into work and I bailed.

Just imagine Peter Parker as a young duck with no pants wearing a cap.

I've tried participating in previous threads just for fun and to have a record of what I read, but making a log turned into work and I bailed.
That's my hang up. While I'm pretty sure I read 1000 comics within any given year, having to track and record each book would suck out much of the enjoyment I get from reading them.

^^

Especially since a fair amount of my reading comes when doing something else (organizing, reference, etc.) with my comics and then getting sucked into reading random issues.

I probably buy around 150 comics ( new and used) in a given year. I'd have to re-read a huge chunk of my collection to get to a thousand. I could probably find plenty I'd enjoy doing so, but I'm behind on my non-comic reading already ( I spend way too much time on the web).

You dont READ comics!

You grade them and stick them in bag then put the bagged comic in a box and put that box in another box and put that box in a temperature and humidity controlled closet in the dark and go to work to try to afford your hobby.

right? (shrug)

three reasons--

1) never read as many as that in any given year

2) don't really keep track of what I read nor wish to write it out/share it with others

3) the 1000 number seems like some arbitrary goal or milestone that I simply have no interest in.

I do enjoy reading the thread occasionally though

I don't think I read 1000 comics in a year. Maybe more like 500.

I read quite a few books a year, and trying to read 1000 comics would take away from that time.

It's just a goal, it isn't a requirement. Just post what you've read this year in there. It's supposed to bring on discussion of books, too - I am just about done with a nice BtVS deluxe over-sized HB, and will be commenting on that, as well a couple other things!

Come on in, post what you've read if you want, and talk about the comics we are talking about!

:)

-slym

EVERYONE!

The number '1000' isn't a required goal! If you read 10 comics a year, tell us about them! You probably have better reasons to read just those 10 than anyone that is reading just to "get to 1000."

I read so much last year because I have a library card and a lot of time on my hands. But if I caught a good job, I probably wouldn't read 300 or so issues in a year, and Id still list them out here.

It's just a thread to actually encourage discussion about comics, and it's even ones we are reading!

Come one, come all!

:foryou:

-slym

I participate in the same thread on another board. Didn't feel like copying my list over onto every board I'm on.

Year before last I think I read around 600.

Last year I topped 1000, just barely.

This year I don't anticipate that many. I quit prose for an entire year to hit that 1000 comics, and read a lot of my quicker reads on my shelf. Now I have a lot of strip collections, some Golden Age stuff, and Strangers In Paradise. I've also cut back on the current stuff severely. Takes me forever to get through a strip collection for some reason.

And this year my reading priority is to get caught up on a little prose.

The list is great though, and reminds me where I'm at when it comes to floppies. I hate bringing down a box (I use magazine bookshelf boxes from the office supply store) and reading through a run, deciding to start on something else ten issues in (because I need to change it up a lot) and putting the box away. Forgetting about it, bringing it back down six months later and not remembering where I left off and starting all over. I've done that with Omaha The Cat Dancer multiple times now. Pretty sure I've read the first dozen issues a dozen times, but not sure how much further I've gotten.

So I use the list even when I don't think I'll break 400 comics.

Unca? Unca?

:sorry:

I'm lucky if I can read a few comics per week. I've tried participating in previous threads just for fun and to have a record of what I read, but making a log turned into work and I bailed.

This.

Signed up in 2013, read over a thousand, but by midyear I really didn't care for keeping track and recording it all.

Maybe I'll do it again in a couple years when I retire.