• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM300 + unauthenticated sig

10 posts in this topic

Tried to show every flaw I could find including a pinhead-size dimple/ding on front cover (right over his head) that can be barely felt in the interior front cover side. Also all corners are shown in close up front and back. And lastly, the unauthenticated signature on splash page.

Please grade and advise on the signature (does McFarlane ever abbreviate his first name?) and how might that affect grade?

Thanks.

ASM300a_zpsyprwdam4.jpg

ASM300_1_zpsxftnbxkx.jpg

ASM300_Sigline_zpst2yfyf2v.jpg

ASM300_CenterDing_zps4dxfajgf.jpg

ASM300_CenterDingOpp_zpsu9yjint6.jpg

ASM300_FBLC_zps5oxa5klg.jpg

ASM300_FBRC_zpsxfnbnjmv.jpg

ASM300_FTLC_zpslgwitbfl.jpg

ASM300_FTRC_zps7ohaesog.jpg

ASM300BackPic_zpsmaxbscgg.jpg

ASM300_BBLC_zpsaopmbuuo.jpg

ASM300_BBRC_zpsuk3o1hp6.jpg

ASM300_BTLC_zpsosfompfw.jpg

ASM300_BTRC_zpsnq6n7lde.jpg

ASM300_1a_zpsmcwewfnt.jpg

I'm a bit suspicious of the sig it looks very awkward and there are several trouble spots-look at the final E compared to the exemplar given for example. McFarlane's 'E' is very distinctive and curves up at the bottom. Not that it matters, real or forged, it would be graded as 'name written on splash'

You will get the blue label with the special note such as Todd McFarlane signed on the 1st page or something else.

Two big significant defects (one small CB crease on the corner and one impact corner that may break the color) can drop to 8.0/8.5. Pressing is recommended that can increase to VF/NM at least.

You will get the blue label with the special note such as Todd McFarlane signed on the 1st page or something else.

Two big significant defects (one small CB crease on the corner and one impact corner that may break the color) can drop to 8.0/8.5. Pressing is recommended that can increase to VF/NM at least.

Interesting, thanks. Never had a book pressed. Going to have to think about it, and learn if it's worth the cost to increase the potential grade.

Any tie-breaking graders care to chime in?

I agree with this. I think that getting it pressed should get it to 9.0. I am not sure about anything higher.

You're looking at an 8.5-9.2 after a press. The sig is legit. I have had a few of his that look like that. It's just rushed.

It will get a blue label, and very likely will take the writing/sig as a defect. (which might be why you get closer to an 8.5)

I had a Bone#1 that was every bit a 9.8, but it had a full sized jeff smith Bone drawing on the inside front cover. It got a 9.6 with zero indication on the label that the drawing was inside. I doubt this will warrant a label notation.