• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I wish I could press books...

98 posts in this topic

It's annoying to see books pass through my hands that are worth $4-5 as-is yet with a press could be $10-15 books They aren't worth the time & effort & cost to send them to someone for "treatment."

Anyone else think about that? It seems like a lot of money left on the table for nothing other than circumstance. Not a big deal, just something that I thought about when looking through a few piles of Bronze books this evening...

Peace,

Chip

So invest your time and learn. Just do it. This is not about a life change or making a major decision. Take the time and learn. From what I see, you have the honest effort and intent to do well at anything you seem to want to do.

Chip... just give it a try.

Stacking my longboxes on end has resulting in great pressing results. It takes a while and probably not effective for your turnover rate though.

Stacking my longboxes on end has resulting in great pressing results. It takes a while and probably not effective for your turnover rate though.

:roflmao::signfunny:

...he's not joking....it works like a charm. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Seriously I had about 30 SA kirby thor and they all had kinda crinkly covers. After months of 'the treatment' they were flat as hell.

PRESSING!!!!

I love the sales threads that states the grade and then "Has some very pressible defects." ummm... what are those defects?

PRESSING!!!!

I love the sales threads that states the grade and then "Has some very pressible defects." ummm... what are those defects?

Missing cover, stuff like that

Sorta like Kav,I use the "longweight" I put said books inbetween a giant Atlas of the World I have,then put a few heavier tomes on that and top it with a milkcrate full of LP records...forget about them for a bit and am amazed at the results.

Kav,I'm guessing you store the boxes lid to the wall?I may try this,just for space saving.

Seriously I had about 30 SA kirby thor and they all had kinda crinkly covers. After months of 'the treatment' they were flat as hell.

I did an experiment on this a while back. 140lbs for 6 months, crease still present as was the slight spine roll.

I did an experiment on this a while back. 140lbs for 6 months, crease still present as was the slight spine roll.

Yeah dont think that would work on books that needed pressing.

When I want to press something, I simply get two thin but unbendable pieces of metal, place the book in between them and park the car on top of it overnight. By morning it is good to go!

huh

maybe the longboxes are magic?

Maybe you could sell the longboxes to people who want to try out pressing. :idea:

I smell a children's book hm

"Kav and the magic pressing long box"

When I want to press something, I simply get two thin but unbendable pieces of metal, place the book in between them and park the car on top of it overnight. By morning it is good to go!
this works for pants and shirts also?

huh

maybe the longboxes are magic?

Maybe you could sell the longboxes to people who want to try out pressing. :idea:

I smell a children's book hm

"Kav and the magic pressing long box"

It starts out with little Jimmy and his ragged comics all the other kids make fun of. His mom gives him money to guy buy some milk.