• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade of this Batman 189 -- ANSWER POSTED

31 posts in this topic

I just got six books back that I sent to "Oregon" to have graded and slabbed. I'm pretty happy with the slabs themselves. No SCS in these slabs. Was real happy with one of the grades that I'll get to later. A little disappointed in the others, but oh well.

Here is the first of the six books. I'll give this about 24 hours, then I'll post the next one, and so on.

Batman #189, 1st appearance of SA Scarecrow, Cream pages

batman_189_front.jpg

batman_189_back.jpg

Bad thing about this one ... my microchamber paper is sticking out of the bottom.

KH,

What possessed you to have a book in this grade slabbed?

6.0 sumo.gif

Why do you care so much?

I like the look of a slabbed book for display purposes. This is one of my favorite books in my collection, regardless of its condition. Worry about yourself. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Looks like they really skimp on the microchamber paper as well! 27_laughing.gif You can SHAKE that back into place insane.gif

actually, if you notice the slab ... it's not like CGC's. the book does not move freely. it's pretty stationary.

KH,

6.0 sumo.gif

Why do you care so much?

I like the look of a slabbed book for display purposes. This is one of my favorite books in my collection, regardless of its condition. Worry about yourself. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I don't - this IS a forum REMEMBER? You post, so that you get the ideas and opinions of OTHERS makepoint.gif

I respect your opinion (even if I don't agree with you. thumbsup2.gif

KH,

6.0 sumo.gif

Why do you care so much?

I don't - this IS a forum REMEMBER? You post, so that you get the ideas and opinions of OTHERS makepoint.gif

I respect your opinion (even if I don't agree with you. thumbsup2.gif

Okay, sorry for the " 893naughty-thumb.gif." I wanted to have these books slabbed for my own reasons. I'm just posting them here so you all can guess what PGX graded them.

Carbon Monoxide in my lab on campus gets to me sometimes insane.gif That's where I was during that "polybag" issue.

Looks like they really skimp on the microchamber paper as well! 27_laughing.gif You can SHAKE that back into place insane.gif

actually, if you notice the slab ... it's not like CGC's. the book does not move freely. it's pretty stationary.

Yes, but obviuosly the paper CAN move. This happened to my Giant Size X-Men #1. I was going to send it back in for a free re-holder, but just before I did - I gave it a little wrist bop on the edge, and it fell back in place - then I sold it for $850 insane.gif