• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on Brave and Bold 28- How Many Pages?

32 posts in this topic

wow I just learned something thx

Saddle-stitched is also known as “staple binding” and makes a great, general purpose book. Whether you need it for catalogs, magazines, manuals, books, etc., saddle stitched booklet printing has the durability and the neat appearance you’re looking for in a printed product.

Isn't a saddle stitched book usually stapled?

Yes. That's what "saddle-stitched" means...the folded book sits on an apparatus, like a saddle sitting on a horse, and is then stapled. "Stitched" in this case means "stapled."

And standard books from 1953-on have 32 pages, or 16 leaves. Front cover, 8 leaves, staples, 8 leaves, back cover.

Yes. That's what "saddle-stitched" means...the folded book sits on an apparatus, like a saddle sitting on a horse, and is then stapled. "Stitched" in this case means "stapled."

And standard books from 1953-on have 32 pages, or 16 leaves. Front cover, 8 leaves, staples, 8 leaves, back cover.

And that's it ladies and gents. Very nice RMA

How many around here, besides myself, would have loved to have recognized this when they first started buying back issues?

I have a few books missing a page, almost always a pin-up page. I used to even go through the books, counting the story pages, but not the actual page count of the book itself. doh!

"Hey great, it's all here, I'll take it." Only to later discern the remains of a neatly torn page barely peeking out from the gutter. :(

Final note (which means nothing at all, really): all of the books I used to buy mail order from Bell, Rogofsky, et al; in the sixties - early seventies had all their pages.

It was books I bought later from brick and mortar stores or eBay that have missing page(s).

Only 8 leaves. Each is four pages. No? The staples bind the leaves to the cover

Only 8 leaves. Each is four pages. No? The staples bind the leaves to the cover

No. A leaf has two pages, one on each side. Like the guy said you're thinking wraps.

1 wrap = 2 leafs

"Stitched" in this case means "stapled."

...and it's called "stitching" because the staples are not individual staples in blocks like your desk stapler, it is a spool of thin wire that is cut to the proper size when the stitcher is engaged.

Example on ebay

:applause: