• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead returns tonight

46 posts in this topic

That was it?

That was disappointing especially after all the hype about this being the most important episode ever and this show will never be same and all that stumm. :facepalm:

They said this was most important episode ever? Whos they, because they were wrong.

various comic book and media sites hyping the hell out of this shows return. :facepalm:

Whether you think the episode was great or terrible it cannot be argued that it was a poor episode to use as a mid-season premiere.

Agreed, would have been a much better episode....next week.

I feel like the show has gotten really inconsistent. A lot of it seems to be the way they want to force other characters' stories. The book is successful because of how compelling Rick and Carl are and how they carry the book, IMO. The show needs to focus more on them and less on the supporting cast. It runs with huge valleys and then really high peaks. The peaks- like the season premiere- keep you going. However, the valleys are starting to get drawn out.

Fortunately for the shows' creators, my wife loves it.

I'll watch the episode tonight, but I'm not surprised to see mixed responses.

That was it?

That was disappointing especially after all the hype about this being the most important episode ever and this show will never be same and all that stumm. :facepalm:

They said this was most important episode ever? Whos they, because they were wrong.

various comic book and media sites hyping the hell out of this shows return. :facepalm:
This was one of them

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/08/the-walking-dead-midseason-premiere-non-spoiler-review-the-most-/

It was refreshing to see an episode like this with the storytelling techniques used. Thought it was just fine for a (mid) season premiere. I don't follow spoilers or seek them out so I didn't know what to expect. Maybe that's why I enjoyed it so much. Didn't think we would lose a member of the group so soon after Beth.

I really liked the episode, how it was directed.

Thought the hallucinations of Tyrese were great. And yes, Negan is comin. The bat, the barb wire, Noah's mom bashed in the head with a bat, the troves of mutilated walkers. Gotta be Negan's group imo.