• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resources on markup for an SS comic?

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a couple of Signature Series books that I want to post for sale. Since they are signed, I assume that raises the value somewhat. I tried to check GPA for what my signed books have sold for historically, and there is not data available.

If I were to markup the price for a signature, what is the ballpark percentage increase?

Also, any previous links would be appreciated.

Thanks.

There is no rote formula. It is more art than science, unless you want to put a robust price on the book and wait for it to sell. Among the factors to consider:

(1) What is the grade?

(2) Is the book tough in the grade that you have?

(3) What is the legit risk of grade drop from Blue 9.8 to Yellow 9.8

(4) Who signed the book? Is it single signed or multi?

(5) How tough is the signature?

(6) Does the person who signed have a signing fee?

This is what I review when I am buying or selling.

Thanks for all the info.

The book in question is a Captain Britain Vol. 1, #8 (First appearance of Betsy Braddock, soon to be Psylocke)

Answering inline:

A) 9.8

B) There are only 2 SS 9.8's in the census

C) Unsure how to answer this one.

D) Chris Claremont

E) Not too hard, but a key signature.

F) $10

G) In the middle of the book

H) I guess it looks good. I've seen worse.

Thoughts?

Thanks for all the info.

The book in question is a Captain Britain Vol. 1, #8 (First appearance of Betsy Braddock, soon to be Psylocke)

Answering inline:

A) 9.8

B) There are only 2 SS 9.8's in the census

C) Unsure how to answer this one.

D) Chris Claremont

E) Not too hard, but a key signature.

F) $10

G) In the middle of the book

H) I guess it looks good. I've seen worse.

Thoughts?

Ah a book Chris Claremont told me directly "don't waste your money it's utter "

So the book in your grade is to tough to get simply because of the material it is made out. Easier to bend, smudge, and tear.

Claremont's is not hard to get, but I would probably try to get Herb's as well on there.

Highest graded in either system so it falls in the category of how overboard does a completest want to go nuts and pay for this issue in the highest grade and does the signature limit that market. I would rather have it signed, but others would not.

I would price it at $1500 and take offers. I don't think it is worth any more as a Yellow, than as a Blue. If I got offered anywhere near $1200, I would take it.

+1