• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Never dismiss small show.

132 posts in this topic

I too am from WNY...nice to see a fellow Buffalo boardie member on the forum

There are about six or seven of us Buffaloianites here on the Boards.

yes i am a proud Buffalonian and set up at the October Buffalo Comicon which this year will be a 2 day show Oct 17th and 18th (not so sure buffalo can support a 2 day show but you never know.

I believe this is the 20+ year mark for the Official comic con here but as far as i am concerned remains the best!!!

did he explain to him the true value of the 20 tubs and offer him a much higher percentage.

That was pretty much what I was asking. Did he buy the Hulk 181 for instance for a dollar or tell him it was worth much more?

It's a little disturbing that this hasn't been discussed much.

I wonder if it was the old 'how much you want for these' then when the guy say $1 each then the dude can walk away saying hey I didn't trick him I gave him what he wanted my hands are clean....

It ain't my job to educate people

did he explain to him the true value of the 20 tubs and offer him a much higher percentage.

That was pretty much what I was asking. Did he buy the Hulk 181 for instance for a dollar or tell him it was worth much more?

It's a little disturbing that this hasn't been discussed much.

People have learned to keep prices paid to themselves.

Matter of fact...

1240.gif

-slym

yes i am a proud Buffalonian and set up at the October Buffalo Comicon which this year will be a 2 day show Oct 17th and 18th (not so sure buffalo can support a 2 day show but you never know.

I believe this is the 20+ year mark for the Official comic con here but as far as i am concerned remains the best!!!

Yeah I went a few years back. Found some collectibles but like I said I'm not much into the books so my pickin's tend to be slim. Tt'd be great if we could get some actual artists to show up too. Supposedly the guy in Batavia is planning something for later this year I hear.

Here is a link to the website of the show I bought at yesterday.

http://twinoaksshows.com/

He updates these and there are people with some comics that show up at even the sports card ones.

I used to set up at the one in the mall in Auburn and would do rather well.

My friend, who told me this story, sets up at all of them. The one who bought the books for $1.00 each sets up at these just to purchase and then takes all of the high dollar stuff to the major shows.

I was at this show. I came at 10:00am and talked to David King for a minute and them left. I love this little show. I am glad that your friend found a deal. (thumbs u

He updates these and there are people with some comics that show up at even the sports card ones.

My friend, who told me this story, sets up at all of them. The one who bought the books for $1.00 each sets up at these just to purchase and then takes all of the high dollar stuff to the major shows.

I was at this show. I came at 10:00am and talked to David King for a minute and them left. I love this little show. I am glad that your friend found a deal. (thumbs u

We don't know if it was a deal yet.

I have been trying to call him on the phone, but keep missing him. I will post here the rest of the outcome when I find out.

I for one have no judgments on if he scooped em up cheap. That's life-people that devote themselves to something and can recognize value-well luck favors the prepared mind they say.

Very true Kav. I jumped the gun. doh!

Yeah I went a few years back. Found some collectibles but like I said I'm not much into the books so my pickin's tend to be slim. Tt'd be great if we could get some actual artists to show up too. Supposedly the guy in Batavia is planning something for later this year I hear.

The guy who does them in Silverdale brings in 2-3 local artists. His last show I got this done.

100_2575_zps1zrxmoya.jpg

Wow, I was still there at that time. I was the big dude walking with a cane.

Kramer-Dressed-In-A-Pimp-Costume-In-Seinfeld.jpg

I was the dude carrying the baby around. I came to see if David had any GA Tecs. I usually check out this show a few times a year.

Ok, the same guy, that bought these, was sent to a yard sale that had posted it had comic books for $1,000. He went there and there were a couple boxes on a table. After going through them he asked if there were more and the seller took him to a shed that was full of long boxes. He wanted $1,000 for all of them. Are you saying that the buyer should have gone through every box, added them up in value, and offered him more? I saw a small part of that collection and just from one box there were double digit X-Men.

I also answered an ad that a gentleman was selling all of his comics from his storage unit for 20 cents each. I bought almost a full run of Ms Marvel, full run of Inhumans, almost a full run of Nova, full run of Eternals, almost complete runs of Dr Strange, etc. They were almost all in VF-NM, Should I have offered him more?