• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOTHEBYS (Paris) - 07 MAR 2015

85 posts in this topic

The Druillet Lovecraft pages are incredible. I imagine the reserve was around 25K USD.

Some more results in USD (including fee):

Barks: Scrooge page 26K

Burns: Big Baby way over estimate at 18K

Ware: Corrigan likewise at 36K

Caniff, first Steve Canyon (it began with a Sunday) 44,685. 2nd Sunday (classic fight scene): 36,100. High end of estimate/ a little over

Eisner: Spirit story: 67K

Giraud: Blueberry pages at 20,600. and 32,650

Herge: anniversary cover 622,850

Herge: TinTin prelim 251,612 (--record for a prelim?)

Kelly: Pogo Sundays continue to be inexpensive: 2750.

Kurtzman: Annie Fanny page12,900.

McKay: unspectacular, IMHO, Nemo page 68,500.

Tezuka: 32,655 for a 1980 marker sketch of Astro Boy!!! Good sketch, but damn!

Mezieres had two strong Valerian pages, one for 20K, one below reserve.

Miller: DK battle page 34,400; 300 panel page at 37,800; Sin City dps below reserve

Moebius: Arzach pencils for print, I think: 31K

O'Neill: later LOEG splashes below reserve, full team promo pin-up 2600. only

Paul Pope: 3 strong pages didn't make reserve

Pratt CM cover 433K; page @ 60K and another below reserve

Tardi: one page below reserve, one at 15,500.

The Druillet Lovecraft pages are incredible. I imagine the reserve was around 25K USD.

Caniff, first Steve Canyon (it began with a Sunday) 44,685. 2nd Sunday (classic fight scene): 36,100. High end of estimate/ a little over

Eisn...

Suehiro Maruo? thanks.

Re tezuka there was an uninspiring sketch for 22?k on mandarake so I think that's just the market for his stuff

Yeah, and also the Japanese collectors seem to put a higher value on con sketches. Bet you anything that Astro-Boy sketch is heading back home.

Eisn...

Suehiro Maruo? thanks.

4640. Nice piece, I don't know this artist. Do you collect him?

Re tezuka there was an uninspiring sketch for 22?k on mandarake so I think that's just the market for his stuff

Yeah, and also the Japanese collectors seem to put a higher value on con sketches. Bet you anything that Astro-Boy sketch is heading back home.

yeah you're right about that. I think that's partly because a lot of the japanese creators keep originals. much more so than in the west. So if you want a representative collection you can do that with con sketches but not with manga pages

Eisner: Spirit story: 67K

Giraud: Blueberry pages at 20,600. and 32,650

Herge: anniversary cover 622,850

Herge: TinTin prelim 251,612 (--record for a prelim?)

Kelly: Pogo Sundays continue to be inexpensive: 2750.

Kurtzman: Annie Fanny page12,900.

McKay: unspectacular, IMHO, Nemo page 68,500.

Tezuka: 32,655 for a 1980 marker sketch of Astro Boy!!! Good sketch, but damn!

Mezieres had two strong Valerian pages, one for 20K, one below reserve.

Miller: DK battle page 34,400; 300 panel page at 37,800; Sin City dps below reserve

Moebius: Arzach pencils for print, I think: 31K

O'Neill: later LOEG splashes below reserve, full team promo pin-up 2600. only

Paul Pope: 3 strong pages didn't make reserve

Pratt CM cover 433K; page @ 60K and another below reserve

Tardi: one page below reserve, one at 15,500.

Something is odd. I was watching and those prices didn't match up to what happened. Did anyone else watch this?

There are a number of "prices" on the list of sales prices that are incorrect. Including the one piece that I purchased and already have an invoice for (and the price is different than what is listed on the sold prices).

I believe the Herge cover went for 375,000 EUR, not what they are showing - for example (not because I was the purchaser!!).

Ron

There are a number of "prices" on the list of sales prices that are incorrect. Including the one piece that I purchased and already have an invoice for (and the price is different than what is listed on the sold prices).

I believe the Herge cover went for 375,000 EUR, not what they are showing - for example (not because I was the purchaser!!).

Ron

That's weird! I didn't watch or buy, so I know nothing. Are the discrepancies all erring higher than lower?

& Also, did you buy the first Canyon?

could 375k euro + buyer's premium + exchange = the 622k USD noted above? just a guess I haven't done the math

EUR closed Friday at 1.08 and change, so that's a 10% bump in dollars (roughly), so (quick math) $450k USD?