• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katee Sackhoff to play Ms. Marvel?

222 posts in this topic

This may be old news to some, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

According to screenrant.com, a Captain Marvel movie will be released in July 6, 2018, and it will be focused around Carol Danvers. There's been some speculation that Katee Sackhoff just might fill the role. Even more interesting, Katee Sackhoff Tweeted this...

"I'm wearing red leather to my meeting with @TheRealStanLee today, sorta just seemed appropriate."

https://twitter.com/kateesackhoff/status/494156014975844353

ms_marvel.jpg

I wish it was Katee as well. I think she pretty much solidified her candidacy for Ms. Marvel by playing Starbuck. BUT, if it isn't her, I think it should be Evan Rachel Wood. She is just a stunner. She might not have the bust that the current comic iterations have, but she is a great actress and has the look.

evan-rachel-wood-true-blood.jpg

I wish it was Katee as well. I think she pretty much solidified her candidacy for Ms. Marvel by playing Starbuck. BUT, if it isn't her, I think it should be Evan Rachel Wood. She is just a stunner. She might not have the bust that the current comic iterations have, but she is a great actress and has the look.

evan-rachel-wood-true-blood.jpg

That would be a great choice!

They could get her 'Thirteen' director Catherine Hardwicke too. She's done commercial films like (sigh) 'Twilight' and I think the show she's currently producing 'Eye Candy' is about to be cancelled. lol

If not Miss Meadow's director Karen Leigh Hopkins would be an inspired choice for Ms. Wood.

She is too old I think. Need someone in mid 20s for longevity in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I would love to see her, but I think that ship has sailed.

Firstly, I thought this was a thread about Sony and spiderman. How dare we talk anything else. Secondly, I agree. This isn't even coming out until 2018. Thirdly, I thought I read somewhere that this was shot down. I could be imagining it... I imagine this is a thread about spiderman.

Firstly, I thought this was a thread about Sony and spiderman. How dare we talk anything else. Secondly, I agree. This isn't even coming out until 2018. Thirdly, I thought I read somewhere that this was shot down. I could be imagining it... I imagine this is a thread about spiderman.

??? x infinity

She is "too old" at 34?? Hardly. The character is supposed to play an Air Force captain, not a cadet. Good, credible acting is key. Then-42-year-old KDJr. hit it out of the park in 2008's Iron Man. Clark Gregg of MAOS is 52 and Ming Na-Wen of MAOS is 51. Hayley Atwell of Agent Carter is 32. On the WB side, Amy Adams (Lois Lane) is 40.

Agree she's not too old. The part will require some gravitas given the importance of her role in the MCU vs. Thanos arc, so I thinks she'd be great. That said, I'm sure there are a half dozen other actresses who could also do well.

Dan

I guess I'm going to buck the trend and say that I'm not impressed with Katee as Ms Marvel

What's the attraction?

https://www.google.com/search?q=katee+sackhoff&espv=2&biw=1280&bih=687&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rrHcVPKeAYn4gwTii4LwAQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Another great choice! :applause: She's amazing on Vikings. :cloud9:

I love the idea of Katee Sackhoff as Ms. Marvel. I think there's a lot of great alternatives, but I have my vote on Katee. (I don't think Marvel will do it, though)

She has an interesting indifference in some of her acting that I think would translate well to Ms. Marvel's character. And maybe she's typecast a bit from BSG, but she can convey female strength convincingly.

Speaking of Vikings - I've been meaning to start this show - pretty good?