• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katee Sackhoff to play Ms. Marvel?

222 posts in this topic

I dont' think I'd mind if Ronda Rousey played the female physical villain, similar to Nebula in GOTG but a bit tougher, not integral, but featured. Similar to what she did in Fast and Furious.

Admittedly, I don't much about Captain Marvel's Rogues Gallery (get it?), so I don't know which physical lady enemy she'd be. Or she could be the lost daughter of drax.

But I think Captain Marvel should be a bit taller. Even though many of us are physically terrified of Ronda Rousey, she's not actually that big or imposing.

And for those of you that think she should fight a dude, there's ZERO way it would be sanctioned in America. Its not about whether or not Rousey could win or lose, its about the precedent that would be set. If you let Rousey fight dudes, you have to let any man fight any woman, otherwise its not fair. And for right or wrong, that's not a direction where American sporting commissions wants to go.

On a related note, if you have a man and woman at the same weight, and both are in top physical condition, the man is still MUCH MUCH stronger, especially in the upper body. Could that advantage be made up for in skill? Not against a legitimate pro.

Anyone with any fight knowledge and common sense who wants to see her fight a UFC man is basically asking for permission to watch a man beat up a woman.

I'd rather see Rousey as someone extraordinarily tough and mean. Who's the meanest female superhero? She-Hulk jumps to mind, but there's probably a more famous one.

I feel for whoever plays She-Hulk. She is a really mixed character. She's strong and powerful both physically and mentally, but then she throws around her sexuality.

With how sensitive everyone is to Marvel and sexism right now, I'd leave She-Hulk alone for the time being.

She REALLY wants it clear that role is in her sights.

Last week during her Reddit AMA, UFC's undefeated Bantamweight Champion and budding actress "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey (Furious 7, Entourage) expressed interest in playing Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers). Ever since then, artists from around the world have been inspired to create artwork of the MMA powerhouse as Captain Marvel.

Rousey was so touched by the creativity of the artists that she shared some of her favorites. "Since the Reddit AMA, I've received so many badass Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel edits!" she wrote on her official Instagram page. "There were so many cool ones I couldn't pick just one to share."

PeGEFOZ.png

rddg1r7.png

On a related note, if you have a man and woman at the same weight, and both are in top physical condition, the man is still MUCH MUCH stronger, especially in the upper body. Could that advantage be made up for in skill? Not against a legitimate pro.

Anyone with any fight knowledge and common sense who wants to see her fight a UFC man is basically asking for permission to watch a man beat up a woman.

And that is why the Cyborg/Rousey fight will never happen... :insane:

There are plenty of quotes online from very knowledgeable fight guys that say Rousey is 20 years ahead of the curve, and would absolutely mangle the average man. Not that is saying a ton, if you have seen the crowds at the typical con. Dana White, as well as about 10 different current MMA guys have said without a doubt Rousey would rag doll Mayweather inside a minute. Mike Tyson has said he isnt sure he could take her. Joe Rogan who is a boxing enthusiast, martial arts practitioner himself, as well as long time MMA analyst again has zero doubt Rousey is the 1 in a billion and the best with miles between her and second, and has zero doubt she could handle the majority of males in her weight class right now.

In any case, Rousey is against the circus of fighting a man, for the very valid reason of the precedent of a man hitting a woman, and how that is not something she wants to in any way validate.

Her looks, well she is a pro athlete, and when she steps in to fight isnt all glamored up, but as the sketch boards with her in costume can attest she would look amazing. Its not supposed to be a beauty contest.

Its not supposed to be a beauty contest.

lol. Have you even read a Captain Marvel comic book with Carol Danvers in it?

Here, have a look at some images...she is drawn as much more attractive and with a much better body than Ronda Rousey.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carol+danvers&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIy7nf7PWuxwIVyosNCh0lsAkZ&biw=1920&bih=945#tbm=isch&q=carol+danvers+captain+marvel

Hate to break it to some of you, but real woman don't look like comic book characters.

Yea, they do, they're just uncommon. But even if only 1 in 50 women have a body like Carol Danvers, that means there are millions of candidates in a country of hundreds of millions. Finding one from that pool who can act is the challenge.

Its not supposed to be a beauty contest.

lol. Have you even read a Captain Marvel comic book with Carol Danvers in it?

Here, have a look at some images...she is drawn as much more attractive and with a much better body than Ronda Rousey.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carol+danvers&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAWoVChMIy7nf7PWuxwIVyosNCh0lsAkZ&biw=1920&bih=945#tbm=isch&q=carol+danvers+captain+marvel

Other linky dink

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Charlize Theron after this.