• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Katee Sackhoff to play Ms. Marvel?

222 posts in this topic

Sounds like someone is expanding her chances a little of making it into the MCU.

Katee Sackhoff Wants To Play Black Cat In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Battlestar Galactica and Longmire star Katee Sackhoff is one of those actresses fans often add to their comic book fancasts. A few years back, she had an ideal comic book role in mind, telling Esquire she would love to be Harley Quinn. Now that Margot Robbie has taken on that role in David Ayer's Suicide Squad, the 35-year-old actress has expressed interest in another character.

In a recent Playboy interview, Sackhoff was asked if she'd be interested in playing Black Cat in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "Oh, 100% I’d do that!" she exclaimed to the magazine (via Cinema Blend). "I love playing characters who are multilayered and multidimensional and have a darkness to them, which makes them more realistic and more fun to play."

She wanted to play Harley Quinn?

Sounds Like We Might See A MS. MARVEL TV Series At Some Point

But given the current climate, a Muslim Pakistani American superhero would be a very welcome addition to our TV screens - and with that in mind UK E! Online put the question to Jeph Loeb at the Jessica Jones premiere.

"Look, that's a character that has tremendous popularity and when that happens you know that I'm always looking around to see what we can do," the head of Marvel Television told the site when asked if Ms. Marvel could be heading to TV anytime soon. "We love the character, and one never knows."

oEJS81t.png

Not necessarily. There are obligations that many actors/actresses have to consider by getting into bed with Marvel. They sign up for ridiculously long contracts (by Hollywood standards) of 6-plus movies. They get last-minute notification of when they need to be on-set for appearances in non-title roles, and they have a lot of media that they are obligated to do. That's a big commitment & a lot of actors/actresses are reluctant to take that commitment on. But it is the promise of a very steady, pretty solid (but not exceptional) paycheck for about a decade.

I assume this is why younger talent likes this and older talent prefers a little more flexibility (they've already made their money, they are looking for critical acclaim) hence why Joaquin Phoenix dropped out and why Charlize probably won't be Captain Marvel

I didn't even hear that Joaquin Phoenix was in the running to play Miss Marvel. Boy Marvel is changing some characters more than I'm comfortable with.

Did Disney get confused on which movie someone was being approached about?

Emily Blunt To Be Disney's New Mary Poppins

The rumors were true: Disney wants Emily Blunt to be their new Mary Poppins.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney is in talks with Blunt to play Mary Poppins in their upcoming sequel to the 1964 classic which starred Julie Andrews in the title role.

The sequel is being directed by Rob Marshall (Chicago), which will be based on the remaining seven installments of P.L. Travers’ Mary Poppins series of children's books.

Did Disney get confused on which movie someone was being approached about?

Emily Blunt To Be Disney's New Mary Poppins

The rumors were true: Disney wants Emily Blunt to be their new Mary Poppins.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney is in talks with Blunt to play Mary Poppins in their upcoming sequel to the 1964 classic which starred Julie Andrews in the title role.

The sequel is being directed by Rob Marshall (Chicago), which will be based on the remaining seven installments of P.L. Travers’ Mary Poppins series of children's books.

i think she'd be a great mary poppins.

Marvel Studios Head Reveals When To Expect Captain Marvel Announcements

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige revealed during the Captain America: Civil War press day that talent announcements are imminent.

"I think we’ll be announcing a filmmaker in the next month or two, and probably some cast members later in the summer, at the end of the summer," Feige told Fandango. That timeframe makes a Captain Marvel announcement a very real possibility for this year’s San Diego Comic Con.

While Feige remained vague about plot details, he did say that the film will be "about Carol Danvers and that journey to being Captain Marvel,” which sounds like the makings an origin story movie.

Sounds like someone is expanding her chances a little of making it into the MCU.

Katee Sackhoff Wants To Play Black Cat In The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Battlestar Galactica and Longmire star Katee Sackhoff is one of those actresses fans often add to their comic book fancasts. A few years back, she had an ideal comic book role in mind, telling Esquire she would love to be Harley Quinn. Now that Margot Robbie has taken on that role in David Ayer's Suicide Squad, the 35-year-old actress has expressed interest in another character.

In a recent Playboy interview, Sackhoff was asked if she'd be interested in playing Black Cat in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "Oh, 100% I’d do that!" she exclaimed to the magazine (via Cinema Blend). "I love playing characters who are multilayered and multidimensional and have a darkness to them, which makes them more realistic and more fun to play."

She wanted to play Harley Quinn?

No, sorry, no. Maybe 10 years ago.

Here's A Clue About Which Actress And Director Might Be In Line For CAPTAIN MARVEL

During this week's Meet The Movie Press show, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider dropped a very interesting clue about not only the actress that's being eyed for the part, but the director too. He chose his words very carefully, but here's what he was willing to divulge.

“There was a rumour about an actress being up for it; an already existing rumour, that’s not new. I’ve definitely heard there’s some truth to that rumour, and that there’s a director with the same first name who has also been eyed. I don’t think that [an announcement] is too far off. If they can make it to Comic Con, they will.”

Out of the several actress most often associated with the role, Emily Blunt is probably the name that gets brought up the most - but there's also been Charlize Theron, Rebecca Ferguson, and most recently Brie Larson.

Assuming it's Blunt, what directors named Emily are out there? Well there's indie filmmaker and animator Emily Carmichael, who wrote, directed, and animated the Penny Arcade web series and has also written and directed several live-action short films that have screened in competition at Sundance, Tribeca, SXSW, and Slamdance. British director Emily Young (Veronika Decides to Die), Emily Ting (Already Tomorrow In Hong Kong), and 23 year-old Emily Hagin, who directed Pathogen at the age of 12.

hm

Although someone in the comments section pointed out a good match.

Kathryn Bigelow (Strange Days; The Hurt Locker; Zero Dark Thirty)

Kathryn1.jpg

Katheryn Winnick (Vikings; The Art of the Steal)

Katheryn+Winnick+stDehCz3yMum.jpg

Although someone in the comments section pointed out a good match.

Kathryn Bigelow (Strange Days; The Hurt Locker; Zero Dark Thirty)

Kathryn1.jpg

Katheryn Winnick (Vikings; The Art of the Steal)

Katheryn+Winnick+stDehCz3yMum.jpg

That would be great!