• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM #58

14 posts in this topic

This book arrived today. There is a knife mark on the surface of the cover which did not cut through. Inside of the FC is fully attached but the blade mark is visible. What are your thoughts?

Click scans to enlarge :)

oRA766lm.jpg ayUloRxm.jpg BILMSWjm.jpg

Looking at the back cover I am guessing there is a horizontal printers crease on the left hand side? Also seeing a possible small stain top left of the back cover. There is a lighter area there. Could just need cleaning. Nice copy though. 9.0 if no stain.

I don't know if that is a knife cut on the front cover unless someone was cutting something on top of the book and the knife made an impression on the cover. I would think that if it was a direct knife contact it would go through to the pages below.

Cheers, Howard

Thank you Zevgoli. It is definitely a knife cut since the bag was cut on the exact same place. The cut went through the bag, but not through the cover. Also, if you look at the scan it is almost impossible to notice it since it left a very tight and clean scratch.