• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advertisements, catalogs and other promotional items heating up on eBay

14 posts in this topic

Does Mile High even need a reason to randomly jack up prices?

No, but in this case most of the copies have disappeared from eBay.

You mean a book that most view as worthless and not worth the time to list isn't for sale on ebay, besides by a few of the major sellers, who list everything, has disappeared?

Shocking.

NOT HOT

Looking at the completed sales on ebay, I see ONE sale in the last two months that are not MCS or Mile High. Nothing has disappeared. They were not there to begin with. See my previous post.

Mile High had a few sales ( because of people pumping it here most likely), which triggered a review of their price, which is why they raised their asking price. MCS sold the 3 copies they had, nothing to relist.

Sometimes a dose of reality needs to be forced down before people get it. Nothing disappeared on eBay. They were not there to begin with, because this book isn't considered " Listing worthy"

Now, people who read these forums are all of the sudden listing a few copies posting " 1st cable" and asking $5-10. Because that's what it takes to get people to list a book on ebay.... it needs to be able to be sold for more than $1. Otherwise, its not worth the time. Calling it a first appearance will do that I guess.

The end.

NOT HOT

Looking at the completed sales on ebay, I see ONE sale in the last two months that are not MCS or Mile High. Nothing has disappeared. They were not there to begin with. See my previous post.

Mile High had a few sales ( because of people pumping it here most likely), which triggered a review of their price, which is why they raised their asking price. MCS sold the 3 copies they had, nothing to relist.

Sometimes a dose of reality needs to be forced down before people get it. Nothing disappeared on eBay. They were not there to begin with, because this book isn't considered " Listing worthy"

Now, people who read these forums are all of the sudden listing a few copies posting " 1st cable" and asking $5-10. Because that's what it takes to get people to list a book on ebay.... it needs to be able to be sold for more than $1. Otherwise, its not worth the time. Calling it a first appearance will do that I guess.

The end.

I've actually been watching the book for a few months, and there used to be a bunch available at a cheap price. That is no longer the case. And to be clear, I wasn't suggesting that the Mile High prices are what the book is worth, only that at least one of the major players in back issues in taking notice. Nor am I in the camp that thinks that these sorts of materials are first appearances, but certainly I would think this issue would be more desirable than the surrounding issues of Marvel Age. Time will tell what a knowledgable market thinks it's worth. In short, I think it's probably worth picking up if you can grab one cheap, especially if you think Cable and/or Stryfe will show up in a film.