• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Tarzan in 9.8 - Issues 207-231

7 posts in this topic

I just updated this chart below since I have been slowly chipping away at putting a run of this title together in 9.8. I decided to pull the trigger on this copy of 218 last night: http://ebay.to/1CxrRYo

It was probably more than I should have paid...but there are only 3 9.8's out there...so, there it is.

There is a 216 up right now. But the seller wants $99.95. A little optimistic, I think, and no option to offer. This one is more common in 9.8 too, with 8 copies graded. http://ebay.to/1zFJdjS

It's going to be a rough slog putting this together. For various issues there are very few (or zero) 9.8's out there. (There are no 9.9's, or 10's in case you were wondering). The books aren't that valuable...so not that many are slabbed. I have to believe there are long boxes of 212 and 219 out there somewhere though. Same with 231. And 223 is weird...someone must of had a box of those and submitted a few. Anyone know? (Note...I stopped at 231 for no particular reason!)

Full disclosure...the links above are affiliate links.

DC_Tarzan.jpg

A very nice run of books to collect. I have some of the early Kubert issues as high grade raws. Superb artwork by him.

One run I would have love to collect if I had more room (and money) but I only have average VF raw issues.

Great art and some stories taken from Tarzan novels are very interesting.

If I remember well, #230-#235 must be giant-sized and can be very difficult to find in 9.8. #229 could be a good cut.

Good luck !

A very nice run of books to collect. I have some of the early Kubert issues as high grade raws. Superb artwork by him.

Yeah, the art in those books is gorgeous. You can tell Kubert was really enjoying doing them.