• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's see your 3 most expensive comics.

475 posts in this topic

Curious to see what you guys have that have some value.

I know many of you have more than 3 higher-end comics, but let's keep it to 3 or less.

I'll start. I've owned a few $900+ comics in the past. Those are long gone so I'll share what I have

asm300ssfront%201_zpspzra0hud.jpg

asm300ss2_zpspetyuwvd.jpg

Imcoming...

Scan-150119-0005_zpsfhu2k9t5.jpg

and a recent bargain find at a book store.

20150204_214802_zpsrrqizdfm.jpg

That's about all I have as far as value is concerned.

Recently whittled down my collection, so I only have a few books left - I've owned more expensive books, but these are the priceless ones I refuse to sell:

X-Men #1 that I owned when I had a comic shop in the 90s, sold, then re-bought 16 years later:

XMEN001_FRONT.jpg

X-Men #94 that I had signed in-person by Chris Claremont in 1993, sold it in the 90s and miraculously bought it back with my X-Men #1 16 years later.

XMEN094_FRONT.jpg

And a cast signed copy of STTNG in 9.8.

P.JPG

Doc, that is an amazing story, about the X-books!!!

(worship)

I like that you have one of my books in your collection all the more, now!

-slym

Thanks, man. Which one?

I've bought, flipped, collected, completed and sold things I swore I'd never sell - but the best part of collecting comics is the sentimental part. Owning books that have some meaning and a story to them is what it's all about.

Such a great idea with that key chart :)

P.JPG

When I bought that book, I thought it only had 8 signatures (from the principal cast - that was all I was concerned about), I only realized when I did that chart that John DeLancie (Q) had signed the book, too. I was totally stoked.

I LOVE the Rambo comic. That is awesome.