• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Preacher 1 --- GRADE IS IN

15 posts in this topic

corners seem soft, but hopefully they're going easy on this book as I've just submitted.....

A 9.8 w/ Grader's Notes? hm

9.9/10s dont have notes I would imagine. everything below does.

Red84, you got away with one here. :fear:

Luck was on your side since they're tight right now and squeeked out the 9.8 (thumbs u

A 9.8 w/ Grader's Notes? hm

9.9/10s dont have notes I would imagine. everything below does.

Red84, you got away with one here. :fear:

Luck was on your side since they're tight right now and squeeked out the 9.8 (thumbs u

Regarding notes on a 9.8, this may be new since they are now selling the notes but I was always told there were no notes on a 9.8 . It's interesting that CGC acknowledges that corner bend and it still received a 9.8 . The next owner is going to think there was slab damage or something. I do think, for the good of the hobby, 9.8's should be visibly near perfect.

for some reason, I have trouble trying to grade more modern books like this. Part of it is not knowing the book itself very well. The other part has to do with how they are made and the more graphical nature of the art. I'm a little more used to the style of artwork on silver and bronze age books. Even a Kirby cosmos or explosion type of drawing is not quite the same as these books. That is not a knock against the art or the work-- just my observation of why I seem to struggle figuring out what grade post bronze/copper books deserve typically.