• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 for investment?
3 3

792 posts in this topic

hm

Ignoring the discussion in this specific thread, adult cyber bullying is real.

So is being over sensitive.

Everyone has a different debating style. CG wasn't being a bully. He was having an honest debate.

Again, I'm out. lol

I've been a member of several forums and even spent yyears building my own.

While bullying can be used as a case of people interacting, i am going to agree with RMA.

Most people claiming cyber bullying are whining buttholes who need to stop and take a look at their thought process and what they are actually taking a stance on

While bullying can be used as a case of people interacting, i am going to agree with RMA.

Most people claiming cyber bullying are whining buttholes who need to stop and take a look at their thought process and what they are actually taking a stance on

That simply isn't true. People handle things differently, but that doesn't make bullying not exist. If anything it is worse online because people have no fear of repercussions due to the anonymous nature and physical separation of the Internet.

Edited by rfoiii

hm

Ignoring the discussion in this specific thread, adult cyber bullying is real.

So is being over sensitive.

Everyone has a different debating style. CG wasn't being a bully. He was having an honest debate.

Again, I'm out. lol

I specifically called out to dis include the CG example.

What you call "over sensitive" others will call "insensitive."

That simply isn't true. People handle things differently, but that doesn't make bullying not exist. If anything it is worse online because people have no fear of repercussions due to the anonymous and physical separation of the Internet.

OK. How is it not true? Its an opinion. You either agree or disagree.

I agree for you to disagree. It doesn't make me true or false. Right or wrong. Black and white....

Never in my statement did I say bullying doesn't exist. I said MOST claiming bullying are buttholes

That simply isn't true. People handle things differently, but that doesn't make bullying not exist. If anything it is worse online because people have no fear of repercussions due to the anonymous and physical separation of the Internet.

I agree for you to disagree. It doesn't make me true or false. Right or wrong. Black and white....

Never in my statement did I say bullying doesn't exist. I said MOST claiming bullying are buttholes

Fair enough.

Not sure whether or not I am a butthole in this example..

Yes, but you can walk away from it. When you have a bully up close and personal, in your face, it's not so easy. I was bullied as a kid and it's very hard for me to consider what's been said on these boards, even at its worst, as being anywhere close to comparing to that.

Perception is 95% of reality.

I was severely bullied in real life, but I don't let it control my actions because I realize how its impacted my life. Every single person on the planet is born with the ability to make choices, even if they don't know it. We live by the choices we make. So choose to be a victim or choose nor to be.

Fair enough.

Not sure whether or not I am a butthole in this example..

....you ARE....... but you're OUR butthole :luhv: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... actually, we're ALL buttholes, but isn't that what America's all about ?

But, Silver Age keys have always climbed in price. Go look at a 1980 price guide and see what Hulk 1 was valued at....see what it is today. See what it was in 1990. It has always climbed.

You are incorrect.

No sir you are incorrect. Show me where a SA mega key has declined in value since 1980. Instead of sweeping blanket statements...back it up with data. Every year OSPG would increase the price of keys like hulk 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, etc.ive not see

I showed earlier that since 2002 Hulk 181 has increased in value.

You love to tell people they are wrong but how about some substance behind your posting?

:baiting:

You remain incorrect. If you believe I cannot support my statement, I'm ok with that.

"You are incorrect" is, however, not a sweeping blanket statement.

Ok RMA, I'll just take your word for it since you show no data. :eyeroll:

As I said, go look at any mega key from the SA in a 1980 price guide and tell me any of those keys has declined in price or a bubble burst on them today.

I'll be waiting :preach:

That's not how debate works.

If you make a claim, it is up to you to prove said claim, if challenged. It is not up to others to DISprove it.

No need for the eyeroll; that's the way it is. :)

By the way..."price guide" is only one way of considering historical values (and not really the best way, at that.)

So far then, both of you have not proven valid proof in your claims. Mark has at least tried to provide his claim, and you just disagreed.

I haven't made any claims.

:popcorn:

I fixed it. Now, can you support your statement to this debate as to rebut Mark1's claim? Or do you just want to disagree with him? Because we all haven't heard your opinion/facts in this case. All I have seen is your comments between the CG and rofiii thing. I am not attacking you, I like this debate/thread it is very informative and I am learning. Except from the whole rofii/CG thing. That's just nonsense coming from rofii.

Edited by retrothecollector

But, Silver Age keys have always climbed in price. Go look at a 1980 price guide and see what Hulk 1 was valued at....see what it is today. See what it was in 1990. It has always climbed.

You are incorrect.

No sir you are incorrect. Show me where a SA mega key has declined in value since 1980. Instead of sweeping blanket statements...back it up with data. Every year OSPG would increase the price of keys like hulk 1, TOS 39, JIM 83, etc.ive not see

You love to tell people they are wrong but how about some substance behind your posting?

You remain incorrect. If you believe I cannot support my statement, I'm ok with that.

As I said, go look at any mega key from the SA in a 1980 price guide and tell me any of those keys has declined in price or a bubble burst on them today.

If you make a claim, it is up to you to prove said claim, if challenged. It is not up to others to DISprove it.

By the way..."price guide" is only one way of considering historical values (and not really the best way, at that.)

So far then, both of you have not proven valid proof in your claims. Mark has at least tried to provide his claim, and you just disagreed.

I fixed it. Now, can you support your statement to this debate as to rebut Mark1's claim? Or do you just want to disagree with him? Because we all haven't heard your opinion/facts in this case. All I have seen is your comments between the CG and rofiii thing. I am not attacking you, I like this debate/thread it is very informative and I am learning. Except from the whole rofii/CG thing. That's just pathetic nonsense coming from rofii.

If you are going to insult me, the least you could do is spell my handle correctly.

FYI - not sure "pathetic" is a fair interpretation. Feel free to use "nonsense" at will.

You are incorrect.

I fixed it. Now, can you support your statement to this debate as to rebut Mark1's claim? Or do you just want to disagree with him? Because we all haven't heard your opinion/facts in this case. All I have seen is your comments between the CG and rofiii thing. I am not attacking you, I like this debate/thread it is very informative and I am learning. Except from the whole rofii/CG thing. That's just pathetic ( :foryou: ) nonsense coming from rofii.

If you are going to insult me, the least you could do is spell my handle correctly.

FYI - not sure "pathetic" is a fair interpretation. Feel free to use "nonsense" at will.

Been biting my tongue about the whole thing, don't want to argue with anyone. But what you felt CG did is on you, and maybe it should have been discussed in a PM between you two, instead of throwing up in a very informative thread. I am sorry you felt attacked, and I am sorry I called your statements pathetic. I will edit my post. I just want to get back to the topic.

You are incorrect.

I fixed it. Now, can you support your statement to this debate as to rebut Mark1's claim? Or do you just want to disagree with him? Because we all haven't heard your opinion/facts in this case. All I have seen is your comments between the CG and rofiii thing. I am not attacking you, I like this debate/thread it is very informative and I am learning. Except from the whole rofii/CG thing. That's just pathetic ( :foryou: ) nonsense coming from rofii.

Been biting my tongue about the whole thing, don't want to argue with anyone. But what you felt CG did is on you, and maybe it should have been discussed in a PM between you to, instead of throwing up in a very informative thread. I am sorry you felt attacked, and I am sorry I called your statements pathetic. I will edit my post. I just want to get back to the topic.

Appreciate that on multiple levels. Via PM would definitely have been better. Sorry I detailed the topic so much.

You are incorrect.

Been biting my tongue about the whole thing, don't want to argue with anyone. But what you felt CG did is on you, and maybe it should have been discussed in a PM between you to, instead of throwing up in a very informative thread. I am sorry you felt attacked, and I am sorry I called your statements pathetic. I will edit my post. I just want to get back to the topic.

Appreciate that on multiple levels. Via PM would definitely have been better. Sorry I detailed the topic so much.

(thumbs u

This may not go over very well with this particular crowd but I foresee women having an even bigger buying power in the next 30 years. Women now outnumbering men in college and I can't imagine those numbers aren't going to creep higher. I think books like X-Men 266 would be a good investment since Gambit could resonate with female fans. BA 12 and NM 98 may not be able sustain the upward trend but who knows what the world will look like in 20 years.

But back to the OP question - I'd go with the 181. I'd bank on wolverine remaining more relavent compared to Storm, night crawler and Colossus.

I like your way of thinking.

I was in Newbury Comics a few days ago, and I overheard two women talking about how hot Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans are. One shockingly was naming Cap`s and Thor`s first appearance. :o

Two ladies talking comic talk. No men.

I have been amazed at how many times I`ve gone to Harrison`s and Newbury comics and seeing many women reading comics. (thumbs u

Times are a changing!

I would invest that 800 in Gold/Silver.

Golds are AWESOME. But not showing great growth. Year over year static growth unless you have some serious cash to dump in something like a CA3 which will surly jump a little in a couple of years (much more than the shload of Lee signature out there) when the time for him to move on to greener pastures. :cry:

$800 won't get you much in gold is all I'm saying...

Won`t get you much in most eras. You need at least $5,000 to $10,000 for a sniff.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Invest heavily in Magic the gathering

If you know what you`re doing Magic and Lego will get you quick profits! :)

Don't know about Lego but I could definitely see MTG being this generations comics (at least as far as collectibles go.) My son (and a bunch of other nerdy sons) are playing and talking Magic now like I talked and traded comics when I was his age. When they grow up and have disposable income I could see the old cards picking up. The only issue is that the cards are "collected" now so there will be many high grade examples. So I guess maybe not.