• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comics on Ebay: money orders/cashier checks

12 posts in this topic

I don't mind sending money orders to a seller that has good feedback and a fast turnaround time. You can view their feedabck and you can get a "feel" for how long they take to ship. I will not however pay with a money order if the item is over $200 unless I know them, have done business with them in the past, or if they have many referrals from people here on this board so if anything happens I can track them down and/or post their selling habits here on the board mad.giftongue.gif

I skip every auction that doesn't accept at least one online payment service (at least BidPay which charges a frickin' arm and a leg) OR personal check. I don't do it to be mean, but a third-party payment item that I have to obtain from a bank, store or PO is a pain and there are way to many other auctions available to have to deal with that.

This is why while I prefer payment via money order or personal check, I DO accept paypal as a convenience to my buyers. wink.gif

It depends on the amount and acceptable forms of payment. If it's okay for me to wire the cash (I usually only ask if it's a larger sum) then I'd do that if he doesn't take paypal. Whether a seller does or doesn't accept paypal isn't the end of the world for me. You can use programs like Bidpay or one of the other "CC to MO" programs. It does cost a fee, so that would have to be factored into your desire to buy this particular book.

Brian

I don't buy anything with check/money order worth over $200 unless it's a dealer or somebody I'm acquainted with. Sending a check or MO for larger amounts of money to an unknown is risking losing that money; if they don't ship your item, you're pretty much SOL.

I wont bid on an auction if they dont take some form of electric currency or plastic currency. Mostly since my available time comes in spurts, and usually not at a time when it is easy or convinient to get somewhere to buy a money order and get it mailed out. I also never have stamps, so I will have to buy them and I know me, it will take a while since I have a tendency to forget stuff. I have had an envelope in my car for over a week before I get it into a mailbox.

Escrow is very risky especially if you are a seller.

I contacted Escrow a couple of years ago and asked them what would happen if I sent an item to the buyer and they said it was a fake (i.e.,),, diamond or anything else.

They said I would have to get some sort (seperate) insurance to prevent this from happening as Escrow does not deal in those matters.

I also asked them if they would consider setting up an area where all parcels are shipped to them first for examination this way they can guarantee the product and the buyer cant say other wise. No responce from them.

I would pay a slightly higher fee for that type of assurance.