• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Figure Cover Thread!

2,130 posts in this topic

We are all spoiled and always want a great deal. If I was not a pro and just doing this for the second time, I would charge that much too. What a pain it must be, and if your time is worth anything, $10 for shipping is maybe $4 for your time, and it takes maybe 5 minutes to do it each one? He (and his wife) deserve it!

Seriously debating bypassing this altogether. $9.99 for media mail for one book. seriously? and I thought last time he was making bank on shipping charges.

Yes, I would skip it if I were you........ hm

If he was charging $30 and free shipping everyone would have bought then too!

Just shady to begin with. Shopping carts have plenty of features to add a variety of shipping options. Based on weight, qty, etc. Having 1 item should be plenty easy to set that up. He's including labor charges in that $9.99.

Who am I kidding, I'll probably buy one... just irksome.

Better for his image overall to just charge $30 with free shipping than to appear to gouge on shipping, even if labor is involved.

We are all spoiled and always want a great deal. If I was not a pro and just doing this for the second time, I would charge that much too. What a pain it must be, and if your time is worth anything, $10 for shipping is maybe $4 for your time, and it takes maybe 5 minutes to do it each one? He (and his wife) deserve it!

Directly from the USPS:

"Whether it's next door or a thousand miles, a 1 pound Media Mail package costs $2.38 for postage while one that weighs 20 pounds goes for $9.79. As a seller, you know in advance the Media Mail rate for items shipped to/from any "Domestic U.S." destination (defined shortly)"

Does my 1 comic really weigh 20 pounds? (shrug)

Quoted for Bill.

At midnight, the max order goes to 10qty, right? So we're talking a minimum of around 1,000 orders.

$7 extra x 1,000 orders (probably more) = $7,000+ profit in shipping costs alone.

I wouldn't call any aspect of this a pain. He's choosing to do all of this, because the money is good. A lot was surely learned after sending out the thousands of packages during the color #4 round. One of those things likely that it's a lot of work to ship indeed. You can call it whatever you would like... say that they deserve it, etc. Just stating the facts on shipping costs for anyone interested. My opinion is that it's too much.. and you know what they say about opinions...

Isn't going to be more than $20 each at midnight?

Not sure why I ordered as I still can't sell for extra CGC 9.8 copies of the regular cover.

What are you charging? lol

$50 shipped isn't a good deal? lol

Did everyone see this? I just noticed it.

Personalize Yours?

Signatures and personalizations are free. If you’d like anything written on your book, please let me know. Unfortunately, I cannot do a sketch due to volume and timeline.