• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This guy has it figured out.

47 posts in this topic

Cyclops had his grandparents.

Colossus has a sister (though she's also a superhero)

All of the misc. Summers/Grey/Pryor children from tangential timelines had parents.

And until Claremont killed them all a few years back, all of the Greys were still alive, I believe.

I know I'm forgetting a lot of them though that I thought of when I first read this thread.

and Unless I am mistaken

Sam Alexander is the new Nova, he's a teen who lives with his mom. Though his dad was dead, but he's not, currently he's trying to find him.

Kamala Khan is the new Ms. Marvel and is a teen who lives with both of her parents and more extended family

Power Pack (that's four heroes)

Also, pretty sure Earth 2 Barry Allen's parents both lived to old age.

Last I knew of X-Men continuity, Kitty Pryde's parents only divorced, and Jean Grey's parents were living happily together.

:D

-slym

Kitty Pryde's father is dead, and so is the entire Grey family line.

Yeah, now. Not when they became superheroes. Colossus had parents and sister at a time of recruitment. Lots of the new kids in the X-Men have functioning family lives before they mutated. Kamala Khan or whomever is the new Ms. Marvel has a full family, and Nova's dad is missing, but his mom and sister are still around.

batman-no siblings, GL-no siblings, Flash-no siblings, GA-no siblings, Black Canary-no siblings, wonder woman-no siblings, etc etc

The only superheroes with siblings-they also have superpowers eg Havok, Johnny Storm, etc

Hal Jordan has a Brother

Guy Gardner has a family

John Steward has siblings

Batman had a brother - Thomas Jr.

See World's Finest #223 and Batman #10 (New 52)

It's almost an unwritten rule that a Superhero's family tree is just cord-wood for writers. Chisel to chain saw, retcon away.

Seems that way... I learned this by reading this thread, but I can't believe it was Claremont who killed off the Prydes & the Greys...

:(

-slym

It's almost an unwritten rule that a Superhero's family tree is just cord-wood for writers. Chisel to chain saw, retcon away.

Seems that way... I learned this by reading this thread, but I can't believe it was Claremont who killed off the Prydes & the Greys...

:(

-slym

End of Greys (Claremont's final or 2nd to last arc on UXM) was an exceptionally well-done old-school feeling X-Men story. It felt like he had finally started remembering how to really ride that bike & then he got pulled off for Brubaker. I remember being happy when I found out about the planned change before that arc because of the Dino-Rachel arc... but then he started finally clicking & I was bummed he was gone.

I quit buying/reading UXM @ #480-something, and "adjectiveless" X-men @ #170-something.

I literally know nothing about them since then, except for knowing about the team brought from the past into present-day because I read the first trade of that title.

-slym

batman-no siblings, GL-no siblings, Flash-no siblings, GA-no siblings, Black Canary-no siblings, wonder woman-no siblings, etc etc

The only superheroes with siblings-they also have superpowers eg Havok, Johnny Storm, etc

Hal Jordan has a Brother

Guy Gardner has a family

John Steward has siblings

Batman had a brother - Thomas Jr.

See World's Finest #223 and Batman #10 (New 52)

I think a sibling that showed up once or twice doesn't count-where was Thomas Jr the night his parents got shot? He was home being punished while they went to the movies?

zBM9YMv.jpg

Franklin Richard's parents are both still alive and his mom is Wicked Hawt!

Hence the "almost" at the very beginning of that guy's statement.

;)

-slym

Ah, but the word, "almost," is modifying the word, "unwritten". :juggle: