• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about Comic Book forums on Facebook.

38 posts in this topic

I'm way behind the times but I've finally found the buying/selling forums on Facebook. I've sent out invites to three of them and only gotten accepted by 1 of them so far - rejected! My question is are these sellers primarily E-Bay sellers are they mostly guys from the boards. I just bought a EOS 2 in NM from a seller on there so I guess I will see how the grading stands up. Anyone have good experiences buying and selling on there?

I'm way behind the times but I've finally found the buying/selling forums on Facebook. I've sent out invites to three of them and only gotten accepted by 1 of them so far - rejected! My question is are these sellers primarily E-Bay sellers are they mostly guys from the boards. I just bought a EOS 2 in NM from a seller on there so I guess I will see how the grading stands up. Anyone have good experiences buying and selling on there?

Best of luck. Their junk is worth millions, grading is terrible, photos are less then average. If it isn't a hot modern from last week your post will be buried. If you don't ship faster than amazon expect ppls to pm you constantly. Oh and expect ebay raw packing.

Gotcha. My first experience is definitely going in that direction. I bought a set of NM Civil War 1 - 7 for $65 and just got word the books were sold to another buyer right before I took them. I did get a quick refund but it is not a good start.

oh and I forgot.

Wanna trade??? I has like good books for your keys we can trade. Offers x-force 1 to 10 for your nm 98.

:takeit:

I don't have x-force 1-10 on hand but I'm betting on them as we speak and I'll probably win lol

oh and I forgot.

Wanna trade??? I has like good books for your keys we can trade. Offers x-force 1 to 10 for your nm 98.

:takeit:

I don't have x-force 1-10 on hand but I'm betting on them as we speak and I'll probably win lol

Sorry someone beat you to it...I do have a second one but would require a Wolverine 80 in cgc 9.8 to go with it.

More or less, a waste of time. I've made a few purchases from one group and had no issues, but I don't really peruse there much.

It's eBay, but worse.

Lots of lame trade offers (as someone pointed out) and WTB posts that are even more pathetic than the stuff you'll see here.

Gotcha. My first experience is definitely going in that direction. I bought a set of NM Civil War 1 - 7 for $65 and just got word the books were sold to another buyer right before I took them. I did get a quick refund but it is not a good start.

That may have been the same guy I was bugging about his Aspen #1. :ohnoez:

Ugh. I typically hate trades and there does seem to be a lot of that on there.

From what I've seen its all people wanting to trade random garbage for key issues and then getting all butthurt when you won't trade with them. The selling price on older or key issues can be astronomical.

And don't forget, no one on Facebook knows the proper time to use sale or sell. Every post is "book for sell' or "I want to sale my book". Drives me nuts.

Correction, no-one on Facebook ever correctly uses homophones, understands tenses, or can distinguish between the noun & verb forms of different words.

In conclusion, Facebook is the lowest common denominator of humanity.

And don't forget, no one on Facebook knows the proper time to use sale or sell. Every post is "book for sell' or "I want to sale my book". Drives me nuts.

Correction, no-one on Facebook ever correctly uses homophones, understands tenses, or can distinguish between the noun & verb forms of different words.

Just remember this is people freely expressing themselves. This is a window into today's society. People don't just act like on Facebook. They actually are

Just remember this is people freely expressing themselves. This is a window into today's society. People don't just act like on Facebook. They actually are

Sadly, +1.

I know. It makes me weep for humanity.

Still looking for a decent FB group on comics. Maybe someone from here should start one....

Wouldn't that pretty much be the sales thread on the boards . . on Facebook?