• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about Comic Book forums on Facebook.

38 posts in this topic

I'm guessing no one has heard of a scanner before? The one guy who looks like he uses a scanner is scanning the books in the bags. Fun diversion if nothing else.

I'm guessing no one has heard of a scanner before? The one guy who looks like he uses a scanner is scanning the books in the bags. Fun diversion if nothing else.

Links would be really helpful.

Literally 100s of examples but these are the two most recent:

Facebook Comic 1

Facebook Comic 2

Facebook Comic 1

Facebook Comic 2

What shape is it? doh!

Facebook Comic 1

Facebook Comic 2

What shape is it? doh!

You're worried about the grammar? I'm disliking the book length reader crease.

I prefer selling on the Facebook page simply because I don't have a scanner and primarily use a mobile device. It is much easier to post books on Facebook. You do have to sift through a lot of junk to find something worthwhile. I have had some good transactions though. You will have to endure a lot of trade requests though. I am on the Comic Book Collecting Buy Sell Trade group and I know there are a number of boardies on that one.

I think the key to Facebook groups is only join smaller local ones, since you can actually meet to see the book you're buying. Trusting a stranger from whoknowswhere is unwise.

I've sold a lot of books on our little Facebook group, there are only 200 local members on it which I think makes a difference. No shipping, no fees.

For every one of you looking down your nose at Facebook users there are 20 people looking down there noses at fan forums like this.

The pics they normally post there are taken 5 ft away with little or no description of the comic's condition - makes you constantly think that the seller is hiding some defect.

The trade offers are atrocious. Low balling is rampant too.

I occasionally browse a couple of groups just for sheer entertainment - makes me appreciate this forum more

And don't forget, no one on Facebook knows the proper time to use sale or sell. Every post is "book for sell' or "I want to sale my book". Drives me nuts.

Correction, no-one on Facebook ever correctly uses homophones, understands tenses, or can distinguish between the noun & verb forms of different words.

In conclusion, Facebook is the lowest common denominator of humanity.

Just remember this is people freely expressing themselves. This is a window into today's society. People don't just act like on Facebook. They actually are

Sadly, +1.

MetalPSI is right, it’s not that it should be discouraging, but more than often not worth spending time with it. If I have to discuss in a reasonable way, a lot better to do it in the flesh, or in a forum like here.

I use Facebook very very rarely and only to get in touch with people I might want to contact and can’t find another venue to reach them, but otherwise I never log in.

Wanted to post up an update - I've now picked up a nice Edge of Spider-Verse 2, Spiderman 361, Spiderman 78 and I just purchased a sweet looking set of Spiderman 9, 41 & 43 from the Facebook forums. Just like any venue - buyer beware but there are some nice deals floating around on there.

I've made some sales and bought a couple of books through a FBook group. I've seen some boardies in that group, too. I just bought a DD #1 last night graded by a notoriously inferior competitor to CGC; it's a gamble, but the price was low enough for me to risk it. I know it has "glue sealing a minor tear." :wishluck: that there's no other resto done on it.