• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum delayed posting and loading issues
2 2

1,070 posts in this topic

Do you guys know the time of day (including time zone) when you are seeing these delays?

I've been posting the delays just as they happen (I don't post them all) and I assume the others regularly posting to this thread are doing the same.

Looking back at my own posts, the delays happen at many different times, but seem to be most prevalent in the late afternoon and early evening eastern time. Perhaps a time of heavy board usage as people return home from work in that time zone? hm

Do you guys know the time of day (including time zone) when you are seeing these delays?

This one was just prior to my post at 5:33PM EST on 6/19/15

Generated in 52.701 seconds in which 52.653 seconds were spent on a total of 12 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

I wonder if it's more of an east coast thing, because I've found the forum to be very slow all weekend, it's only this morning that it's loading quickly.

I can't think of any significant forum members who don't live in the U.S. eastern time zone, so we definitely have a problem here. :sumo:

I've been posting the delays just as they happen (I don't post them all) and I assume the others regularly posting to this thread are doing the same.

Same here.

Same here.

Same here too.

Generated in 32.985 seconds in which 32.962 seconds were spent on a total of 11 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Just happened going from the forum page to the journal page, if this is any help.

Generated in 47.74 seconds in which 47.699 seconds were spent on a total of 28 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

And now again just moving from this thread to Comics General.

Seems to fit the time of day when these problems begin to become common -- late afternoon eastern.

Generated in 47.74 seconds in which 47.699 seconds were spent on a total of 28 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Seems to fit the time of day when these problems begin to become common -- late afternoon eastern.

I'm CA.

I'm CA.

But if it's related to people in the east getting off work or checking the boards just before leaving work -- in other words, if it's related to the number of people accessing the site -- than the time might still be relevant.

I'm CA.

But if it's related to people in the east getting off work or checking the boards just before leaving work -- in other words, if it's related to the number of people accessing the site -- than the time might still be relevant.

Oh, I see what you're saying.

Yeah, East Coast has the big demographic here. West Coast is weak. Sometimes it's just RMA and me talking to each other. :)

I'm CA.

Yeah, East Coast has the big demographic here. West Coast is weak. Sometimes it's just RMA and me talking to each other. :)

How's that working out? :o

I'm CA.

How's that working out? :o

Great. I'm NorCal and he's SoCal.

Represent!