• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Anthony's comicbook art

42 posts in this topic

I have a little beef with Anthony. Since I live overseas, I have him ship to my forwarder in New York. My forwarder needs to know the tracking number so it can be monitored and cataloged when they ship it to me overseas.

Anthony just ships the art and hardly ever replies when I ask him for the tracking number. However, 100% of the time, everything I ordered did arrive. So it's a minor quibble but I would have wanted better communication.

Still, he is a great guy and art prices are very reasonable.

Hello,

Just wondering if he is a member it has anyone dealt with him.

Thanks!!

I have and would do so again without hesitation. Great guy to deal with all the way

I live overseas, I have him ship to my forwarder in New York. My forwarder needs to know the tracking number so it can be monitored and cataloged when they ship it to me overseas.

Anthony just ships the art and hardly ever replies when I ask him for the tracking number. However, 100% of the time, everything I ordered did arrive. So it's a minor quibble but I would have wanted better communication.

Still, he is a great guy and art prices are very reasonable.

I've had similar experiences with every dealer with every art dealer. Shipping always makes me nervous so I would follow up and non responses would fill me with anxiety. Then last year I sold a dozen pieces of art over the course of 3 days and got a taste of how time consuming the whole process is on the sellers end and it completely changed my perspective. I still want my tracking numbers to monitor my packages with of course, but I empathize :)

I just got back from Anthony's warehouse. I tried to trade for as much Colan as I could but he wants to hold onto his awesome Cap Cosmic Cube page!

Anthony is top notch; he can be a tough one to trade with but is fair and honest in the end.

Dealing with AS for over 20 years, even spent the night at his house to complete an OA deal. Great person and host......

Wow, that is a service that I have not seen offered by other dealers and one that he does not advertise on his website.

I have not made a deal with Anthony but that has not been due to anything negative – just haven’t found the right page and price combination yet. He has been very good to talk with and has always been responsive to my inquiries. I would not hesitate to buy from him.

I've never had a sleep-over at his place, but Anthony has always been one of the good guys. He's cut me a deal a couple of times but, for the most part, his prices are really fair. That's huge, when you're dealing with an art dealer.

I've bought from Anthony twice. A Swan Legion piece and and HDR Legion pencil page that amazing matched the inked page I'd bought a couple of months before from Bob Wiacek. That was a surprise.

I also bought the pre-lim for my Giordano JLA commission from him. That was a surprise as well.

My opinion is that Anthony is a good guy.

I think someone asked if Anthony is a boardie, he is not. When I saw him Monday he was completely ignorant of this thread's existence. I am emailing him the link as he requested now.

I've bought several pages from Anthony and he's always been very fair to me and treated me right, regardless of the value of the pages, that to me is the true sign of a good dealer. I mean.. it's easy to be "nice" to someone dropping thousands of dollars on a page, but it says something to show the same respect to someone buying a $100 page. That is the treatment that I've gotten from Anthony and I will continue to buy art from him without reservation.

Don

I think someone asked if Anthony is a boardie, he is not. When I saw him Monday he was completely ignorant of this thread's existence. I am emailing him the link as he requested now.

Taking wagers now......he signs up and participates from time to time.... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...and participates from time to time...

Probably not. Anthony is in business and has been very wise (and professional) to stay out of all the 'energy' and squabbles this hobby produces regularly. That's just good business. I noticed that years ago and have really respected him for it ever since. (of course maybe it's all in my head and he's just so busy, too busy, to be randomly posting away online!)

And fwiw I've done many, many deals with him going back fifteen..more? years, all have gone just fine, prices very reasonable and even negotiable on multiple items or stale inventory.

A fair amount of my art has come from Anthony. As far as dealers go, I've dealt with him more than any other (I usually buy directly from the artist when I can if I can help it).

No problems. He is good with trades and buying/selling in my personal experiences with him. I've even helped him run his booth at a couple of shows now.