• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT-Hey North Carolina members-hang in there!!!

32 posts in this topic

I hope you guys keep power today, needless to say, most of the state is getting pounded, as well as parts of SC to the south of Wilmington. It's 47 here and NO rain, I've been through several ice storms..and they suck. Let me know how bad it is..if you have power. Peace-CC.

Thanks to "global warming" we have about 2 inches of snow on the ground here in Anchorage. 15-25 degrees F and low humidity.

I'm not sure I believe in global warming...It just seems like the poles are shifting and Alaska is getting closer to the equator as you East Coast folks are rotating up north towards the poles.

Be safe, drive carerfully, save your trees and keep all your comics indoors.

currently not precipitating here in Charlotte. got a good inch of fat flakes on the ground.

hopefully it will dump off in the upstate. that's south carolina to the rest of you nonnorthcarolinians

It's about 30 degrees here in Charlotte, NC with about a half inch of snow/ice on the ground. Not too bad, but people go crazy in this kind of weather. Thank goodness it's hit on the weekend! By the way, I'm all for global warming!!!!

Up here in Lenoir we have about 3 inches of snow. However it looks like we might be getting ready to get some ice. My mom lives in Monroe and said that she didnt really have that much snow.

BTW, any of you Charlotte boys going to go to the Charlotte Comicon in Feb? It would be nice to meet a few of you guys.

Is there another in Feb, other than the Hero's Con in July???

Frist off,

SAL WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! Now that that little piece of manners is taken care of on to your questions Currin:

If there is another show in February, i dont know about it. The Charlotte Comicon is about the only show that I know of in the area. It is usually a good show, of course ive only been to 4 shows since I started collecting 2 years ago, so what do I know? I always spend all my money, usually $200-300 and have a blast.

Next, the Hero's show (which I cant wait to get here) is actually in June

Hero's show has the correct dates. I am hoping to take enough money that I can buy a grail like Avengers 1 or DD 1 in about f shape. I have already started to save a little here and there for it. Enough of my rambling.

BTW, any of you Charlotte boys going to go to the Charlotte Comicon in Feb? It would be nice to meet a few of you guys.

That was what I was asking you? Just got that from your other post, as I did not know.

confused-smiley-013.gif so are you going to be at the Charlotte show in Feb? I am kinda confuse, but that happens quite a bit with me insane.gif

Then let's try to keep a tentative plan, and perhaps finalize some things closer to the Con. I'd love to have a get together dinner and talk shop with you guys.

thumbsup2.gif

btw, i think that we are posting close together and im not reading all of the posts again, thus, as my wife usually points out to me, this is all my fault tonofbricks.gif

It is Feb 13th at the 4 Points Sheraton in downtown Charlotte. It is right off of I-77 and is really easy to get to. There is always good high grade stuff there as Shelton Drum sets up as well as this guy from up North who has just some killer stuff (along with the prices that correspond to high grade) as well as other good stuff.

<>

Here in Winston-Salem the 1.5 inches of snow/sleet we have now is enough to paralyze the city. It's a state of mind, related to a perceived inability to negotiate the weather in your car (usually an SUV) or deal with the complications it poses within your home, that is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I went to the YMCA at 2:00 to work out, at 2:10 they announce they are closing at 2:30 due to inclement weather.

Same sh-- when I lived in Texas. One half inch of snow causing pile-ups all over the highways.

There are lots of things I like about living in the South, but the inability to deal with the slightest amount of bad weather is not one of them.

hey, thanks for the welcome...

which LCS you guys go to? Heroes? i haven't been since they moved to pecan and 7th. course, i don't buy that much any more, slowly getting back into it a bit here and there online.

i live in cotswold, so i have been to that new shop in the strip center behind Hotel Charlotte...man, the guy that runs that place is a packrat. stuff everywhere...

I'll be at the Charlotte Mini-Con on Feb 13. This is a terrific little one-day show that is scheduled four times a year. The next one, after the Feb. show, is in May. The promoters work hard at getting some great "local" dealers with quality stuff. Lots of nice Gold, Silver and Bronze stuff. Not too many slabbed books. I talked with the show's promoters last weekend and they have some great plans for this Con for the coming years!!! I, too, always spend at least a couple hundred at the show, and could lay down a lot more, if I had it. Look forward to seeing some of you there. — Rick