• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are red labels extinct?

28 posts in this topic

Both of my red labels were in cracked slabs so I had to re-holder them. :sorry:

-J.

how bad were the cracks? i kept this still in the plastic right out of the box and that e-bay post only shows a hand full of them for sale! HA!

-J.

how bad were the cracks? i kept this still in the plastic right out of the box and that e-bay post only shows a hand full of them for sale! HA!

There were pieces of plastic moving around inside the slabs. I had to change them. :( The books did keep their original grade dates though so that was cool.

-J.

BJyUoqq.jpg

NjiLqhB.jpg

nice uncanny x-men 244...i just bought a raw copy and hopefully when i submit it i will at least a NM or NM+ on it.

-J.

There were pieces of plastic moving around inside the slabs. I had to change them. :( The books did keep their original grade dates though so that was cool.

-J.

yea i have heard of horror stories of people sending in a cracked case and the grade drops down. i have never experienced it though. i do have one or two cracked cases but not that bad.

I think I still have a dozen or two or three or maybe even more than that. I was only actively collecting slabs between 2000 and 2004 and, even after selling off a good chunk of them after I moved on to original art, I still have 238 of them, of which I believe 236 are old label and a good chunk of those are Red Label moderns. :cloud9:

I think this thread answers it's own question, Red Labels are near extinct. After two days only a handful of books have been shown here. I suspect the red labels, in general, were tightly graded, and are worthy of grade bumps.