• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, piper said:

Agreed re: Spidey 3. I didn't watch Amazing 2.

It's worth watching for the Garfield/Stone scenes - the rest of it, not so much.

3 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

thor, black panther, captain marvel [danvers], ant man and the wasp, two infinity gauntlet avengers movies,  spidey 2, untitled thought to be doc strange 2.

I honestly don't think any of the movies will get a "rotten" rating.  Having said that...

Captain Marvel.  This would be the one most likely to get a rotten score.  A female lead role is always a risk (that's why Wonder Woman was such a pleasant surprise).  The general public doesn't know much about Captain Marvel so it would have to be another "origin" movie.  By the time this movie releases it will be just another comic book movie that we've all seen already.  Fatigue will set in.

I am hoping for a fantastic film, but honestly the trailers are not captivating me.

I am hopeful, but going into it with low expectations. I liked the Tobey Macguire first and second films, but absolutely hated the third. The Andrew Garfield films were lousy to me, especially the second one: what an awful movie.

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I am hoping for a fantastic film, but honestly the trailers are not captivating me.

I am hopeful, but going into it with low expectations. I liked the Tobey Macguire first and second films, but absolutely hated the third. The Andrew Garfield films were lousy to me, especially the second one: what an awful movie.

Reviews look great on Rotten Tomatoes!

2 minutes ago, piper said:

Reviews look great on Rotten Tomatoes!

The Amazing Spider-man 2 has a 65% viewer rating, and it is horrendous. I couldn't wait to leave and should have walked out. Reviews are of little value to me.

49 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

The Amazing Spider-man 2 has a 65% viewer rating, and it is horrendous. I couldn't wait to leave and should have walked out. Reviews are of little value to me.

65% is a bad score. :gossip:

6 hours ago, Drummy said:

I think Ant-Man 2 or Doctor Strange 2 could be possible let-downs, but perhaps mostly due to Marvel formula fatigue by that point.

I think they might still be critical positive hits,but not as big at the box office.

The movie boxoffice game is changing fast. Stuff can be streamed now legally like in two months after a movie premieres. Logan being the latest example with it coming out in theatres in March,but could be streamed on Amazon in May.

No need to go rush and see every movie now when you can see it on your hdtv just a few months later.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:29 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

A huge hit at 93%. Spider-Man is back! 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/spider_man_homecoming/

Spider-Man: Homecoming Rotten Tomatoes Score Is In!

Spider-Man: Homecoming is currently at 93% "fresh" at Rotten Tomatoes with 68 positive reviews and only 5 negative. The Spider-Man: Homecoming Rotten Tomatoes score is also the second best of all the Spider-Man movies. 

• Spider-Man 89%
  • Spider-Man 2 94%
  • Spider-Man 3 63%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 72%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 52%

Second-best Rotten Tomatoes score, behind Spider-Man 2. The latter is still king of the heap! Though we will see what the CinemaScore comes out to be. Spider-Man 2 landed at an 'A-'.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming Rotten Tomatoes Score Is In!

Second-best Rotten Tomatoes score, behind Spider-Man 2. The latter is still king of the heap! Though we will see what the CinemaScore comes out to be. Spider-Man 2 landed at an 'A-'.

Now the question is the box office. Will this high score bring back the fans?

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

that little imax release doesn't make if a feature film.  sure, that would've been the runaway winner if we'd considered it.  lame trailer.

Tom Holland Cried Over The Reactions To Spider-Man: Homecoming

For the 20-year-old actor given the opportunity to play the titular hero, the experience has been surreal in itself. Hearing and reading the reviews to Spider-Man: Homecoming was the icing on the cake which was apparently so delicious it pushed him to tears.

"I have been on Twitter, and it's been blowing my mind," Holland told Collider. "I woke up this morning and nearly cried. I nearly genuinely had tears rolling down my face. You're on set for nearly 15 hours a day in that suit, and it's hard work. Like, it really is hard - it's long, it's tough, people do a lot harder jobs. But, that said, I put my heart and soul into this movie and to see people enjoying it is so amazing to me."

This is similar to Holland's remarks to ComicBook.com seen in the video above. "It's pretty surreal," Holland said. "I genuinely can't believe that this is happening to my life. It's been a whirlwind but I'm genuinely enjoying it."

10 hours ago, Ares said:

Jennifer Connelly does the voice of Peter Parker's new A.I. system Karen in SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING.

Who is she married to? J.A.R.V.I.S. and Vision himself, Paul Bettany.

That's actually a pretty cool trivia detail.

10 hours ago, Ares said:

Jennifer Connelly does the voice of Peter Parker's new A.I. system Karen in SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING.

Who is she married to? J.A.R.V.I.S. and Vision himself, Paul Bettany.

Now I'll have visions of Connelly dancing through my head leading up to watching this film.  :luhv:

latest?cb=20151029063342&path-prefix=es