• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your 2005 Comic Book Purchases...

109 posts in this topic

I just couldn't past that Ghosts #1 up. It is a real beauty. I, too, love that Batman cover. I have a few SA Bats (but more of the Adams' BA stuff). I'd like to try and pick up a few SA issues this year. I would like to get all of the GL/Flash crossovers this year also. If you haven't read any of the short-lived Anthro series by Howie Post, do yourself a favor and get a couple of reading copies. I have the complete run (all seven issues, counting the Showcase). obviously, it wasn't that popular, but it's still a lot of fun. Actually, that's the second copy of the Showcase #74 that I have. And, of course, there's the Atom's. These Gil Kane covers are some of the very best of the Silver age. Well, maybe not those that I posted, but there ARE some beauties out there. I'm going to try and post my purchases each month, so stay tuned, there's more to come, cause I'm outta control...

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Rahigh,cool books,I myself ,have always loved Silver age Atoms. The art by Gil Kane didn't hurt either. thumbsup2.gif So far this year-I just ordered Amazing Man # 9 "scarce 1939 book" that will go along with the # 8 my wife bought for me at Christmas.I'm a Silver Age fan at heart ,have been since 1965,but I love The Golden Age stuff too!!! cloud9.gif

Would love to see those AM books!!! I'm thinking about working on Golden age books next year. I have zero books from that era.

Where you getting those pretty Atoms from?

They are very nice. I got these three off ebay from celainej1. He has some very nice stuff, and his grading is terrific. I emailed him the other day, and he said that he will be listing more books, including Atom's, soon, so, stay tuned.

frustrated.gif Rats. More competition. Just kidding. thumbsup2.gif

By the way, Currin, I bought the GL, Batman and Tommy Tomorrow just last week from one of the dealers who is going to be at the Charlotte mini-con on Feb. 13. He's got lots of nice stuff!!!

No. It is David Shankle. He's got lots and lots of nice silver and gold stuff. Been buying from him for years. By the way, I'll see you at the show. Sheldon (Heroes con) will be there, Chris Foss (Heroes and Dragons) always has some quality stuff, and I heard that Earl Shaw just picked up a new, large collection, so bring plenty of money!!

I made one big comic purchase in January, and I paid for it by flipping highgrade bronze. I had my eye on this sucker for a while (it was in an ebay store), and count my lucky stars that somebody didn't grab it first before I had the time to build up the scratch. Check 'er out!

AllStar6.jpg

I made one big comic purchase in January, and I paid for it by flipping highgrade bronze. I had my eye on this sucker for a while (it was in an ebay store), and count my lucky stars that somebody didn't grab it first before I had the time to build up the scratch. Check 'er out!

AllStar6.jpg

Now THAT'S an awesome book!!!

hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

So far this year.

Starting my 9.2 or better Fury....

76_3.JPG

Adding to my Dawn 9.8 set (I have about 30)...

ff_12_sb.JPG

and

2e_1_b.JPG

and

91_1_b.JPG

And Starting on my 9.6 of Swamp Thing 1-10

(I'm not a DC guy but I love these for some reason???)

scan_0713.jpg