• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Injection -- Ellis (Writer) * Shalvey (Pencils) * Bellaire (Ink)

25 posts in this topic

Injection_01_1.jpg

The critically-acclaimed creative team reunites with an all-new series

New York Times bestselling and award-winning writer Warren Ellis (TREES, SUPREME: BLUE ROSE, Moon Knight) reunites with artist Declan Shalvey (Moon Knight) and Eisner Award-winning colorist Jordie Bellaire (PRETTY DEADLY, Moon Knight) for an all-new, science fiction series that will explore a disturbing, dystopian future in INJECTION, which will launch from Image Comics on May 13.

INJECTION is set in a dystopian future where the world has been poisoned. Issue #1 focuses on Maria Kilbride—a scientist working for a large multinational corporation at fault for the damage—who must deal with the messes caused by the company's experimental research. She is joined in the effort by an investigator, a technician, and an esotericist.

“Injection is very heavily about the sort of things I've been discussing in my talks at conferences of late,” said Ellis in an interview with USA Today about the new project. “The connections between deep history and the future, between folklore and technology, the ways in which the present moment is haunted by the future as well as the past."

INJECTION #1 hits stores on May 13. Cover A can be pre-ordered with Diamond Code MAR150468. Cover B can be pre-ordered with Diamond Code MAR150469.

Source (ImageComics.com)

His run on Stormwatch, The Authority, and Planetary earns him a pass with me on all books. I even ordered a Dynamite Entertainment book, which I almost never do, because Ellis is the writer.

Project Superpowers Blackcross #1 -

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1406483

We have sleet starting and I still might go buy this today. Warren is the man. (worship)

Have yet to read Trees, but I have been picking it up since #1. Fell was a great book, but after Ellis' computer's hard drive crash he never went back to the book. Templesmith's work on Gotham by Midnight is quite good, but I think he is leaving the book, as I thought I read that a new artist was taking over, will need to him at ECCC in a few weeks.

High hopes for Injection, hope it lasts a nice long time and sees much success.

Surprised not many people are posting about this series. I saw that the first issue will have to covers, with the second cover being called the "haunted cover variant" but isn't going to be rare as it will be a separate item code from Diamond that stores can purchase.

There is a store in Ireland that is having a store signing with the creative team and will have an exclusive variant cover of the first issue as well as an even rarer B/W sketch cover variant limited to 500 copies.

Shalvey mentioned he wants to do the variants himself but did say there will be a variant of #1 done by a rather big name artist, but it has not been announced nor what the requirements are of getting it, if its a retailer exclusive, or something that is offered via a store or convention exclusive. Curious who that artist will be......

I rarely read Ellis monthlies these days - seems like everything he does is one story arc, so I rarely follow what he is up to until it is available in trade.

I understand what you are saying, for a while there it seemed like he was only doing a mini-series here or there, or some stuff never seem to see more than a few issues. I have been picking up Trees since it first came out but have yet to sit down and read them. I am looking forward to Injection more so than Trees. Ben Templesmith told me at ECCC last weekend that Fell will be back, that it's not dead. He couldn't give me a timeline but said it will return eventually. That was good news, but the only concern is since its been years since the last issue, the core fan base may have forgotten on the book and moved on, but then again, die-hard Ellis fans will welcome it back with open arms most certainly.

I rarely read Ellis monthlies these days - seems like everything he does is one story arc, so I rarely follow what he is up to until it is available in trade.

I understand what you are saying, for a while there it seemed like he was only doing a mini-series here or there, or some stuff never seem to see more than a few issues. I have been picking up Trees since it first came out but have yet to sit down and read them. I am looking forward to Injection more so than Trees. Ben Templesmith told me at ECCC last weekend that Fell will be back, that it's not dead. He couldn't give me a timeline but said it will return eventually. That was good news, but the only concern is since its been years since the last issue, the core fan base may have forgotten on the book and moved on, but then again, die-hard Ellis fans will welcome it back with open arms most certainly.

I like Ellis a lot, I respect the intellect he brings to comics if nothing else. I still read his stuff, but typically in trade. Good to hear there is more in the works.

There is a store in Ireland that is having a store signing with the creative team and will have an exclusive variant cover of the first issue as well as an even rarer B/W sketch cover variant limited to 500 copies.

I'm going to be at that signing (May 10th), it's not an instore it's a full evening talk Q&A with Ellis, Shalvey & Bellaire in the Dublin City Science Museum, tickets were €10 and sold out in about two hours I think. Charging entry for the event was a little annoying but you do get the regular store variant (colour) they're doing as part of that. Ellis is also only signing copies of the book and the first Moon Knight trade on the night which I guess is fair enough since he'd have people coming to him with piles of books otherwise. I do have a copy of Moon Knight #1 already signed by Shalvey & Bellaire which I wanted signed but the store was like "Nope".

There's no word on how limited the colour variant will be but as you mentioned the B/W version will be limited to only 500 copies. They're also charging €10 for the variant on the night which is a bit :mad: since they're charging people already just to be at the Q&A/signing. I prob will pick one up though since I paid for my ticket so long ago that a tenner on the night will be fine.

bvAEE49.jpg

I'm going to be at that signing (May 10th), it's not an instore it's a full evening talk Q&A with Ellis, Shalvey & Bellaire in the Dublin City Science Museum, tickets were €10 and sold out in about two hours I think. Charging entry for the event was a little annoying but you do get the regular store variant (colour) they're doing as part of that. Ellis is also only signing copies of the book and the first Moon Knight trade on the night which I guess is fair enough since he'd have people coming to him with piles of books otherwise. I do have a copy of Moon Knight #1 already signed by Shalvey & Bellaire which I wanted signed but the store was like "Nope".

There's no word on how limited the colour variant will be but as you mentioned the B/W version will be limited to only 500 copies. They're also charging €10 for the variant on the night which is a bit :mad: since they're charging people already just to be at the Q&A/signing. I prob will pick one up though since I paid for my ticket so long ago that a tenner on the night will be fine.

That event sounds like so much fun, too bad its so far away, but quite cool you are going. Is it May 10th? I thought it was May 13th.