• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you tell the French Ambassdor?

9 posts in this topic

My Father in-law is one of 7 surviving members of CAT (Civil Air Transport) a CIA run operation that flew resupply messions into Dien Bien Phu, when the French were surrounded in Vietnam, during January thru May 1954.France's involvment and our commintment lead us into the Vietnam war.Only 7 surviving pilots out of the 36 pilots that flew missions and their families are allowed to attend on February 24 in Washington DC and receive France's highest metal, the medal of valor. The decree to bestow these medals were signed by the French president on November 29, 2004. It is a sad fact that only surviving pilots and their families are allowed to attend.One hard drinking pilot, Earthquake McGorvern, from New Jersey ,that replaced my father-in-law was killed during the last days of the resupply efforts. I know the families of these other brave men should be honered as well.

My Father in-law is one of 7 surviving members of CAT (Civil Air Transport) a CIA run operation that flew resupply messions into Dien Bien Phu, when the French were surrounded in Vietnam, during January thru May 1954.France's involvment and our commintment lead us into the Vietnam war.Only 7 surviving pilots out of the 36 pilots that flew missions and their families are allowed to attend on February 24 in Washington DC and receive France's highest metal, the medal of valor. The decree to bestow these medals were signed by the French president on November 29, 2004. It is a sad fact that only surviving pilots and their families are allowed to attend.One hard drinking pilot, Earthquake McGorvern, from New Jersey ,that replaced my father-in-law was killed during the last days of the resupply efforts. I know the families of these other brave men should be honered as well.

I would tell the ambassador that I will accept the medal because that would be disrespectful to the families who had members that parished during the operation. Everybody who was involved in the operation did their part, why should only the surviving members receive a medal. The ones who parished sacrificed their life for this operation. Its really disrespectful to not gave a medal to those families, and give them the recognition they deserve.

I would tell him that I like his chocolate but he is just dead wrong on Iraq. I would tell him that politics is built on power and money -two things that we've got. That's why we are a super power. Now if we go into Iraq for oil who cares? We stop a ruthless dictator and set up a fledgling democracy one that will hopefully stay our ally and sell us their cheap oil! Then I would tell him to stop his pouting!

I would tell him that I like his chocolate but he is just dead wrong on Iraq. I would tell him that politics is built on power and money -two things that we've got. That's why we are a super power. Now if we go into Iraq for oil who cares? We stop a ruthless dictator and set up a fledgling democracy one that will hopefully stay our ally and sell us their cheap oil! Then I would tell him to stop his pouting!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif........INTERESTING.........BUT.........HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifheadbang.gifyay.gif

I would tell the French dude to listen to Blackie LeBlanc records while wearing a black bra and putting on "Rouge" lipstick, that it was dumb to kill Joan of Arc, and Madame Curie lied. I dated two french sisters for awhile, and though their eagerness and cleanliness was appealling, their language was filthy.

AND I would add take back the criminals you exported to New Orleans you little,little man!

Seriously, I would formulate a heartfelt letter and send it on with the details you are aware of, and make sure everybody scoops a medal. Even though it is France, it still might mean something to the families.