• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So obviously PGX has no clue how to detect trimming...

38 posts in this topic

Not that I would trust PGX to catch trimming, nor would I trust the seller to disclose it, but do we know those books are trimmed. They don't look dimensionally different from untrimmed copies.

And yes that Hulk 181 is a 4.5 at best.

Not that I would trust PGX to catch trimming, nor would I trust the seller to disclose it, but do we know those books are trimmed. They don't look dimensionally different from untrimmed copies.

This is my thoughts. The OP doesn't say how the know or why they think the books are trimmed. But that is awfullest looking 6.5 ever. Pretty generous 9.4 on the Cap 100 as well.

This seller is well known for buying and trimming their books. Look at all their listings and every book has identical razor sharp bottom edges. Look at their previous sold listings and you will see more identical edges. This thread will give you more info on this seller Link

This seller is well known for buying and trimming their books. Look at all their listings and every book has identical razor sharp bottom edges. Look at their previous sold listings and you will see more identical edges. This thread will give you more info on this seller Link

And where the :censored: do you see a clean, razor sharp edge on that Hulk 181? (shrug)

This is my thoughts. The OP doesn't say how the know or why they think the books are trimmed. But that is awfullest looking 6.5 ever. Pretty generous 9.4 on the Cap 100 as well.

I only see a 9.0 on the cap. Is there another link?

And where the :censored: do you see a clean, razor sharp edge on that Hulk 181? (shrug)

So you don't feel that bottom edge looks unnaturally cut/sharp? Here's a higher grade Hulk 181 where they did disclose their trimming & resto Other Hulk 181

The posts (especially on the right side of the Hulk 181) look breached. The plastic on the right side is distressed. I guess with this sellers track record, we should probably not eliminate the possibility he's tampered with the cases.

I only see a 9.0 on the cap. Is there another link?

My bad. The Cap 100 is a 9.0 and at that grade seems about right - from a single picture.

I have a hard time - a really hard time - detecting very small trimming in hand. So I sure can't detect it from a eBay picture of a book in a slab.

The Hulk 181 is hugely overgraded. However - comicwiz I am convinced has unlocked the puzzle. The bottom two corner posts of the outer slab have been breached. Then enlarge and go to the top. The label is wavy. Not unheard of on CGC books, but I've not seen that on PGX books before. Because the top label is completely encapsulated inside the inner holder on PGX graded books.

Nice catch Wiz!

Notorious seller indeed.

no way that Hulk 181 is a 6.5.

I wouldn't give that book a 6.5 after a night of binge drinking, bar hopping, bar room brawling, or bootleg whiskey running across state lines.

I wouldn't give that book a 6.5 after a night of binge drinking, bar hopping, bar room brawling, or bootleg whiskey running across state lines.

.... true....but you may wake up in bed with it :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... true....but you may wake up in bed with it :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

taxidriver.gif