• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help from Golden Age pros...

9 posts in this topic

Hi Boardies,

I recently picked up some already CGC'd golden and silver books. None are sought after, but I wanted to give them a shot here on the boards. I have gotten 0 interest. I know they aren't hot (or warm), but due to being fairly higher grade for their age, I assumed I'd get at least a couple of offers.

Pricing them wasn't easy because there isn't much GPA, bay, heritage, etc. data to go off of. I thought they would have increased in value a tiny amount over the last few years, but who knows.

If anyone is willing to help me find a more accurate price, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, if it's taboo to ask for this sort of help here on the boards, please let me know.

Here's my original post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=8429372&Searchpage=1&Main=371514&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post8429372

Thanks for reading.

Jason

The books you are offering are not in high demand. I have some just like it that I acquired in a 38 long box collection I bought and I have managed to sell only a few of them here on the boards. Most of thoe books like it that I have sold were at local comic shows. I also only have a small handful of buyers of those types of books at the local shows.

I do not think it is your prices.

Have you ever sold anything on these boards before?

Have you ever bought anything? Do you have a kudos thread that you could link?

42 posts in 5 years on these boards means you are not known.

Thanks, Artboy. I did list my Kudo's thread, but you are absolutely correct, I am not known on the boards. I created an account years ago, but didn't begin to get active until about 6 months ago.

To answer your question, I sold an AF15 3.5 here on the boards, but that was tough because as you said, I'm not known. Luckily, Chris was willing to meet me and vouch for me.

I just made my second purchase here on the boards within the last week.

Thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback. The boards isn't the best place for those books.

Best!

For example. The LL1 is at best a $400 ish FMv book

Doesn't mean you can't find a buyer willing to pay more but in an open market it might be tough to realize more.

For example. The LL1 is at best a $400 ish FMv book

Doesn't mean you can't find a buyer willing to pay more but in an open market it might be tough to realize more.

I was hoping that wasn't the case, but I think you're right. Thanks, Gator.

I would echo what's been said that these aren't widely collected books. Westerns seem pretty dead and are tough (impossible?) to get guide for. It's one genre where even Church copies seem to go pretty cheap.

The Bugs and Porky book looks reasonably priced and I think Bugs FCs have been heating up in recent auctions, but perhaps this book is common? The Tom and Jerry is a neat book and would probably move if you cut the price (not a book I think that would have doubled in price in the last few years).

I would echo what's been said that these aren't widely collected books. Westerns seem pretty dead and are tough (impossible?) to get guide for. It's one genre where even Church copies seem to go pretty cheap.

The Bugs and Porky book looks reasonably priced and I think Bugs FCs have been heating up in recent auctions, but perhaps this book is common? The Tom and Jerry is a neat book and would probably move if you cut the price (not a book I think that would have doubled in price in the last few years).

Thanks, Sqeggs. Good feedback. I actually love that Tom and Jerry cover and decided to hang on to it. The rest are going on the bay.

Cheers.