• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

They really should bring this actress back from The Wolverine.

t6yoba.jpg

When she gave that little speech in the backwoods bar - then pulled out Danzan to introduce the locals - was really cool.

Wolverine 3 Casts Richard E. Grant In Mad-Scientist Type Role

RichardEGrant-as-WalterSimeon-in-TheSnowmen.jpg

When you need a mad scientist, you really can't go wrong with somebody who's had some experience with Jekyll and Hyde.

Richard E. Grant, who has also appeared in Dig, Girls, and Doctor Who, will play an as-yet-unidentified villainous mad scientist in the forthcoming, as-yet-untitled sequel to James Mangold's The Wolverine, THR reports.

‘Wolverine 3’ Adds ‘The Office’ Co-Creator Stephen Merchant

stephen-merchant-small-4.jpg

With Production reportedly set to begin next month, the latest installment in the mutant’s long saga has been casting up with additions including Richard E. Grant as an unnamed “Mad Scientist”, Narcos star Boyd Holbrook as the film’s main villain, another nameless character described as “a relentless, calculating and intense head of Security for a global enterprise who is set against Jackman’s clawed Wolverine/Logan hero,” and now Stephen Merchant, who Deadline reports has joined as a character that isn’t just nameless, but a complete mystery without so much as a brief descriptor.

The actor and writer is best known for his comedic work — primarily the fruits of his longtime collaboration with Ricky Gervais including The Office, which he co-created along with Life’s Too Short, and The Ricky Gervais Show. He also created and starred in the HBO series Hello Ladies.

Every Hugh Jackman Movie In Which He Plays Wolverine - Ranked

7) X-Men: First Class

6) X-Men Origins: Wolverine

5) X-Men: The Last Stand

4) The Wolverine

3) X-Men: Days of Future Past

2) X-Men

1) X2: X-Men United

X2: X-Men United

13 years after this release, X2: X-Men United is still widely considered to be the best X-Men movie, and much of that has to do with its Wolverine-centric focus. After brief teases in X-Men, the sequel finally delved into Wolverine’s past through William Stryker, the man in charge of the project that covered Logan’s skeleton in adamantium. The movie followed him and the other X-Men (along with Magneto and Mystique) working to rescue Charles Xavier, Cyclops and the kidnapped students and prevent Stryker from killing every mutant on the planet. However, during all this, Wolverine with these new revelations about his past.

For me, it would be:

1) X-Men: Days of Future Past

2) The Wolverine

3) X2: X-Men United

4) X-Men

5) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (there are some really good redeeming scenes)

6) X-Men: First Class

7) X-Men: The Last Stand

THE WOLVERINE 3 Casts SCREAM 2 Actress Elise Neal In An Unspecified Role

This is starting to feel very familiar. Variety reports that Elise Neal (The Hughleys) has joined the cast of The Wolverine 3, but offer no other information at all. Last night it was the exact same situation with former ER actor Eriq La Salle, and despite a few hints here and there, it's been the same for the rest of the cast, too.

It's clear that Mangold and co. are adamant that no story or character details leak, but it's difficult to recall this much secrecy surrounding casting on a comic book movie before this.

Elise+Neal+Premiere+TriStar+Pictures+Jumping+XkgdBu9v35Dl.jpg

Former ER Actor Eriq La Salle Joins The Cast Of THE WOLVERINE 3 In An Unspecified Role

In addition to Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart who'll return as Logan and Xavier, the cast of James Mangold's next Wolverine movie includes Richard E. Grant, Boyd Holbrook and Stephen Merchant - and we have no idea who any of 'em are playing. Now, we can add another to the list as according to Variety, actor/director Eriq La Salle (ER, Coming to America, 24) is also on board.

While we did get a few clues about some of the others, there's absolutely nothing to go on with La Salle's character at all.

Eriq_La_Salle_34886.jpg

hm

The Wolverine Home Posts Pictures Videos Simon Kinberg Reveals WOLVERINE 3 Has Already Started Filming; Confirms R-Rating

Kinberg doesn't divulge too much, but does promise we'll be seeing Wolverine like we've never seen him before: “It’s a very radical, bold, different Wolverine than you’ve ever seen in any of these movies.”

“I’m not sure what I’m allowed to say about that. I will agree with you that Patrick Stewart was rumored to be a part of that film. It takes place in the future, and as you and others have reported, it is an R-rated movie. It’s violent, it’s kind of like a western in its tone. It’s just a very cool, different film.”

:whee:

Patrick Stewart's Involvement In Hugh Jackman's Final Wolverine Movie Confirmed

Patrick Stewart's long rumored involvement with the next Wolverine movie has been confirmed. Speaking to Collider during the red carpet premiere of X-Men: Apocalypse, producer Hutch Parker confirmed that Patrick Stewart will reprise his role as Professor Xavier in the upcoming film, which will be High Jackman's final performance as the clawed X-Men.

Stewart's involvement in Wolverine 3 isn't exactly new news, as sites reported Stewart had signed on for the film last fall, and Jackman has spoken about the movie potentially exploring the father/son dynamic between Professor X and Wolverine. However, the movie (which doesn't have a formal title yet) began filming last week, so it's good to know that one Jackman's main X-Men co-stars will play a role in his final film.

:whee:

I like the alternate ending of The Wolverine. Mangold should have pushed for that one. Not to say how it ended wasn't solid.

Superhero Hype was able to ask him why it wasn't included.

Exclusive: James Mangold Talks The Wolverine Inspirations and Alternate Ending

SHH: Oh definitely. Now before I let you go, I have to ask about that alternate ending where we see Wolverine’s classic costume (pictured below), was that your idea and why didn’t it make the final cut?

JM: It was my idea and it was something I tried, I improvised on the set. The box was actually empty on the set when shot the material with Hugh and Rila, but I tried it out because I was just curious. I had also felt the fans’ desire to see something like that, obviously the fans’ desire to see something more than that. The trick was that I felt like, and I think the studio felt strongly that I was kind of handing a hot potato to whatever films followed in the sense that it’s one they couldn’t fulfill or one that we didn’t know if they could fulfill since we hadn’t even scripted them yet. So this implication that he would be wearing them in the next film which I couldn’t guarantee since I didn’t even know where I or who or what would be making one, and I certainly didn’t want to burden Bryan (Singer, director of X-Men: Days of Future Past) with suddenly based upon the last six seconds of the film throwing a wrench in the works of what he was up to. But I also have to say, for Wolverine fans I felt it would be hugely rewarding, but when we screened it, and we did with that ending on, it was very interesting that 60% of the audience didn’t understand what was in the box. So you also have the fact that you’re going to be ending a movie with a moment where a huge majority of the audience was going to be going “Huh?” So that definitely wasn’t a feeling I wanted, but I was very torn about it and thought it worked. It also bumped a little when I went to Montreal and shot the credit scene that kicks you toward “Future Past,” it seemed to bump against that. You’re showing him open the box and have a costume in the end and then you’re coming from black and having him wearing street clothes. It just seemed like we were creating more questions than we were answering and maybe it wasn’t the most responsible thing to do.

Us darn fans and how we react left the studio concerned how much pressure would come with the reveal of the suit. But the larger audience didn't understand the meaning, so out it came.

:(

file_180439_3_wolverine_costume1.jpg

I'm glad at least they added it to the Special Features section so those that could appreciate what was being shown could experience this. It's a really cool scene.

Sadly, I understand the desire to neither force the costume onto the primary X-series or to confuse the casual moviegoer. Had there been more in there than just that (like some sort of information or something? I don't know. The movie didn't really set up any sort of mystery or anything to be solved in the future), it might have worked. But to make what was ostensibly an easter egg into a big reveal would confuse the out of so much of the general public, it wasn't worth it.

Sadly, I understand the desire to neither force the costume onto the primary X-series or to confuse the casual moviegoer. Had there been more in there than just that (like some sort of information or something? I don't know. The movie didn't really set up any sort of mystery or anything to be solved in the future), it might have worked. But to make what was ostensibly an easter egg into a big reveal would confuse the out of so much of the general public, it wasn't worth it.

I think the mystery lead-in was the Days of Future Past post-credit scene with Magneto and Professor X. Then the next event was Logan fished out of the Potomac River by Mystique as Stryker in Days of Future Past which most probably is going to lead to a reimagining of the Weapon X Program.

So the link could be from one X-Franchise movie to the next - not from standalone movie to the next standalone movie.

Wolverine 3 Villains Reportedly Revealed

Nerdist reports that a source says the villains - or at least the canon fodder villains - of the film will be the Reavers, cyborgs created specifically for the elimination of mutants. They still don't know who is creating the Reavers, or controlling them, or to what capacity the characters are being used, though speculation includes Donald Pierce and Mr. Sinister as top suspects.

Several popular Wolverine stories have had him running a gauntlet of villains, of course, so the idea of there being more than one - even drastically more than one - villain is a pretty high chance.

Reavers22.jpg

Could the Wolverine 3 plot be 'Messiah Complex'?

Messiah Complex

The Reavers return to play a role in the Messiah Complex event, under the leadership of Lady Deathstrike. Judging from the design of their costumes, as well as their rhetoric in battle, these newest Reavers are simply existing members of the Purifiers upgraded with cybernetics rather than classic members of the team. Deployed as an elite commando unit designed to eliminate organized mutant resistance, the Reavers manage to track down and confront Cable in Alberta, Canada before being attacked by the new X-Force.

In the ensuing battle, Deathstrike and the Reavers are all terminated by Wolverine's strike team, but not before killing the mutant Caliban and injuring Cable. To this date only Deathstrike's fate was revealed and it remains to be seen whether the Purifiers will be able to upgrade more of their fighters with Reaver technology to replace the ones lost in Canada.