• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Studios' WOLVERINE 3 - LOGAN starring Hugh Jackman (2017)
8 8

1,131 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Darkowl said:
2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I started getting teary eyed just reading that. Good grief. What has this movie done to me?

Apparently it brought out your feminine side.  :foryou:

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Apparently it brought out your feminine side.  :foryou:

Ha! No kidding! It's kinda funny, my brothers and I saw this movie with our spouses, and they didnt shed a tear, but we were a mess. I think the Wolvie fans take this film to a personal level, which is one reason why it's been so effective.

15 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

Ha! No kidding! It's kinda funny, my brothers and I saw this movie with our spouses, and they didnt shed a tear, but we were a mess. I think the Wolvie fans take this film to a personal level, which is one reason why it's been so effective.

Agreed. Having been a fan of the Wolverine character since the first time I saw him when I was 9 years old in 1974, it was an emotional experience to see the film.

I think this movie was as close to a "perfect" wolverine movie

for fans as possible. I have one small issue that I will need to

speak of in the spoiler that follows.

Spoiler

So we are to believe that Lora, who had shown NO abilities at all

with ANY weapon is able to, find the right gun, for the bullet, and 

then be able to make a "kill shot" to the head of X-24. How??

2 minutes ago, The Brain said:

I think this movie was as close to a "perfect" wolverine movie

for fans as possible. I have one small issue that I will need to

speak of in the spoiler that follows.

Reveal hidden contents

So we are to believe that Lora, who had shown NO abilities at all

with ANY weapon is able to, find the right gun, for the bullet, and 

then be able to make a "kill shot" to the head of X-24. How??

Spoiler

I think because she is a mutant so her senses maybe are enhanced like eye-site and reflexes which makes her a better shot than the average human?

50 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Agreed. Having been a fan of the Wolverine character since the first time I saw him when I was 9 years old in 1974, it was an emotional experience to see the film.

I gotta ask, what's it like to be a Wolverine fan since the beginning, and what were your first impressions of him?

6 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think because she is a mutant so her senses maybe are enhanced like eye-site and reflexes which makes her a better shot than the average human?

Your answer is what I too had come up with as it speaks to the core

of the character. Thanks.

Jackman posted a pic of a cue sheet. Looks like theres TV version on there too. I wonder if there will be a PG-13 cut released on Bluray (for those with kids that might want to show it to them with less cursing/violence. 

56 minutes ago, Darkowl said:

I gotta ask, what's it like to be a Wolverine fan since the beginning, and what were your first impressions of him?

I was actually a Hulk fan, and had been buying Hulk comics for a couple of years. When 181 came out and I read it, I liked the "attitude" of the Wolverine character. What "sold" me on the Wolverine character, was the panel where he is looking at the Hulk after they have defeated the Wendigo, and he has disdain for the Hulk in his eyes, then suddenly he attacks!

4806663-3844551-hulkvswolverine1_zpsxnqc

I liked the character a lot, and I rode my bike back to the store ( a mile away ) to buy all of the copies the store had. My idea was to corner the market and all the kids at school would be so jealous and would want this comic. I had 4 copies! ( No it didn't occur to me that there are other stores and more comics to buy elsewhere :p what can I say I was 9 ).

In Hulk 181, Wolverine was mysterious, you didn't know a lot about him yet, all you knew was he was brave enough to attack the Hulk. In those days Wolverine wasn't the invincible unkillable guy as he became known as. This page demonstrates that, a mere glancing blow by the Hulk defeats him:

hulk181wolverineko_zps2matccit.jpg

Then not long after, he became part of the new X-men, and it was more fantastic stuff to read. The X-men captured the hearts of many at that time and me included. Wolverine was further developed, and he had such a "don't mess with me" attitude and yet he always did the right thing.

Still, after all of the years of collecting and reading Wolverine, arguably my favorite Wolverine story arc is Old Man Logan issues 66-72 and the Giant Sized. Very well written story ... and that is why I liked the movie so much; it was a very well written story.

Edited by Artboy99

Saw it today with my son, who is 18. I liked it but can't say it's the best comic book movie. I gave it an 8/10 but my son loved it, 10/10.

Really need to plan an event with clowns or strippers after(depending who you go with).

It's quite drab and depressing.

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Turns out when Mangold says Jackman took a paycut, the production budget news hadn't reflected this yet. Confirmed by Box Office Mojo today!

What kind of cut could we be talking about here?  $15 million instead of $20 million, or something far south of that?  Now that the film is a hit, I'm sure Fox will cut him back in.  Surely they will.  :whistle:

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, comic_memories said:

Definitely not.  I loved the movie but this had endless F-Bombs. It was weird to hear  Professor X  talk smack.  Trying to jump on the Deadpool bandwagon perhaps a little too much

It was not weird hearing Prof X talk like that at all.  Having experience with and seeing those affected by dementia and certain brain disorders that affect the elderly, inhibitions - especially those that govern how we express ourselves, are severely diminished.  if he didn't do that I would have been more surprised.

Edited by mndb369

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

What kind of cut could we be talking about here?  $15 million instead of $20 million, or something far south of that?  Now that the film is a hit, I'm sure Fox will cut him back in.  Surely they will.  :whistle:

He most probably has revenue share goals like Ryan Reynolds did (since they cross-talk so much) where once the movie hits certain targets he starts receiving a bonus. Supposedly when Deadpool broke $500MM, Reynolds was getting a bonus for each $25-$50MM after that.

Ryan Reynolds To Get Big Bonus For Deadpool Movie's Success, Already Signed On For Sequel

Ryan Reynolds has to be feeling pretty good at the moment. Deadpool surpassed most expectations to be not just a hit, but a massive one. The film has made over $500 million globally, and has energized Reynolds personal stock by leaps and bounds. The film only cost $58 million to make, and while Reynolds only made $2 million to do the film, he is set to make much more.

In addition to the fact that a sequel has already been committed to by Fox, so another payday is right around the corner, for this film Reynolds has what could be multiple bonuses coming his way. It is estimated he could earn over $10 million when all is said and done, if the film keeps performing the way it has been.

So as it broke through certain box office results, with each achievement Fox had to toss him an additional bonus. Jackman could have tried the same approach, in exchange for his taking a very small salary.

17 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I was actually a Hulk fan, and had been buying Hulk comics for a couple of years. When 181 came out and I read it, I liked the "attitude" of the Wolverine character. What "sold" me on the Wolverine character, was the panel where he is looking at the Hulk after they have defeated the Wendigo, and he has disdain for the Hulk in his eyes, then suddenly he attacks!

4806663-3844551-hulkvswolverine1_zpsxnqc

I liked the character a lot, and I rode my bike back to the store ( a mile away ) to buy all of the copies the store had. My idea was to corner the market and all the kids at school would be so jealous and would want this comic. I had 4 copies! ( No it didn't occur to me that there are other stores and more comics to buy elsewhere :p what can I say I was 9 ).

In Hulk 181, Wolverine was mysterious, you didn't know a lot about him yet, all you knew was he was brave enough to attack the Hulk. In those days Wolverine wasn't the invincible unkillable guy as he became known as. This page demonstrates that, a mere glancing blow by the Hulk defeats him:

hulk181wolverineko_zps2matccit.jpg

Then not long after, he became part of the new X-men, and it was more fantastic stuff to read. The X-men captured the hearts of many at that time and me included. Wolverine was further developed, and he had such a "don't mess with me" attitude and yet he always did the right thing.

Still, after all of the years of collecting and reading Wolverine, arguably my favorite Wolverine story arc is Old Man Logan issues 66-72 and the Giant Sized. Very well written story ... and that is why I liked the movie so much; it was a very well written story.

Awesome! :applause:

18 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Jackman posted a pic of a cue sheet. Looks like theres TV version on there too. I wonder if there will be a PG-13 cut released on Bluray (for those with kids that might want to show it to them with less cursing/violence. 

they can just go to school if kids wanna see and hear that