• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero for Hire #1

10 posts in this topic

I'm thinking 5.5 myself, but maybe that's the "buyer's bonus" (my term for overgrading because you want it to be higher). I might get it pressed, not sure that it will make a significant difference. That spine side damage from the middle down is what really hurts the book.

I'm thinking 5.5 myself, but maybe that's the "buyer's bonus" (my term for overgrading because you want it to be higher). I might get it pressed, not sure that it will make a significant difference. That spine side damage from the middle down is what really hurts the book.

You never know when CGC is handing out the "gift grades", but generally I'd think the amount of creasing at the lower half of the spine area would keep it from going higher than 5.0, and while a pressing won't hide the color breaks, if it gets rid of any curling or bends, it might help a little on the grade (shrug)