• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Things That Make No Sense In Comics

61 posts in this topic

Here's something that doesn't make any sense...

During DOFP, why didn't Silver Surfer (or some other powerful galactic ally) come down to earth and destroy all the sentinels, instead of allowing mutant genocide to occur?

The Prime Directive, duh...

;) :lol: (:

Dude, I just had to look that up. I had no clue what the Prime Directive was. lol

icongetout.gif

-slym ( :jokealert: )

:acclaim:

The most ridiculous thing about Galactus is that he has a 'G' on his chest, unless it has another, symbolic meaning, similar to Superman's 'S' representing 'hope'. Perhaps Galactus' 'G', in his own, non-Terran language, symbolically represents 'you're screwed'?

The big "G" bugs you but not his ludicrous hat?

Just be glad that Galactus was from Marvel and that he was not a product of the Distinguished Competition at the time...

153604.jpg.a8a0a16742d88bc5213a2a2dfdb8ed96.jpg

Here's one-I'm reading the Kirby FF's and Johnny storm's flame really never affects anyone-his power is completely useless then he gets doused all the time.

Weakest member of FF by far.

Can anyone think of a single story where Johnny's flame actually defeated someone? I can't.

Mostly he just mouths off then gets downed.

In Secret Wars they needed Johnny's Super Nova power.

I think it was to defeat Galactus's cat (robot).

Hey, did I tell you about the time I tripped over a rock, fell toward the ground, and missed it? Next thing you know, I was flying.

It was awesome...

-slym

Arthur Dent, is that you?

Here's one-I'm reading the Kirby FF's and Johnny storm's flame really never affects anyone-his power is completely useless then he gets doused all the time.

Can anyone think of a single story where Johnny's flame actually defeated someone? I can't.

Pretty sure it defeated Ultron.

I also found it kind of funny that some of the memorable battles of the Human Torch that stick out to me were:

Paste Pot Pete-- a guy who throws paste at you is a nemesis? jesus, give me a break

Sandman -- turn him into glass dummy!

Sub-mariner - water water everywhere

Hey, did I tell you about the time I tripped over a rock, fell toward the ground, and missed it? Next thing you know, I was flying.

It was awesome...

Arthur Dent, is that you?

:headbang:

Off to Fenchurch St.!

-slym

3096611-2203100027-60936.jpg

Even as a stupid kid I understood that yanking planets out of their orbits would be catastrophic to most all living things that inhabited them. This is why I thought Superman comics were dumb.

Teenage Peter Parker inventing a miraculous adhesive substance that billion dollar corporations couldn't.

That's actually possible. Not plausible, but possible. Geniuses have done things big companies can't all the time.