• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

25 Cent Picture Frame Marvels

641 posts in this topic

Was going through my collection and found of couple I bought a while ago from Metro...

Creatures on the Loose #16 - Oakland

cotl16oak.jpg

Creatures on the Loose #19 - Oakland

cotl19oak.jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #13

wmd13.jpg

Where Monsters Dwell #14

wmd14.jpg

Jim

Bumping this thread with another picture frame Monsters on the Prowl, which other than the ink transfer, is a pretty nice copy:

1341123-monsters_14.jpg

I just noticed that this CGC 9.4 copy ALSO has the ink-transfer, which is the main reason why the seller downgraded the copy I bought. Could this be a common production flaw, rather than the "stacked with other comics" issue he thought? The rest of the book is beautiful.

MOTP014.jpg

1341123-monsters_14.jpg.20ea37b0756bb29b147afc09b3a5da06.jpg

I just noticed that this CGC 9.4 copy ALSO has the ink-transfer, which is the main reason why the seller downgraded the copy I bought. Could this be a common production flaw, rather than the "stacked with other comics" issue he thought? The rest of the book is beautiful.

Yeah, every copy I've seen has that ink transfer, similar to Marvel Spotlight 2, but worse. Nice book you have there.

Yeah, every copy I've seen has that ink transfer, similar to Marvel Spotlight 2, but worse. Nice book you have there.

I definitely got lucky on that one, and I really only tossed it in with the others just to have a filler until I could get a better one. I assumed, like the seller did, that it was an ink transfer from another comic, not a production defect.