• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Collect, invest, or resell?

28 posts in this topic

I've never bought a book and resold, not that there's anything wrong with that. If I buy even slabs they get busted out and go in my collection or they go in the vault as I like to say. lol If I have nice copy's I will give those away in the contests they have on the boards.

Collect.

Own for 35+ years.

Slab and sell the stuff that's become too valuable during that time frame to go into the ground with you. Among what's left, give your heirs all that they want.

Invest in stocks, bonds, commodities, real estate, and other traditional builders of wealth.

I'm pleased that there are so many of us collectors here. Some of the discussions make things sound like everybody is out for the flip or speculates. Not that that's a bad thing - I can certainly see the fun. But considering I'm so far entrenched in the collector camp it just seems a little contrary to me. Because, well, I want all the cool books! And, therefore, if a title is worth speculating on then it is worth keeping, right?!?! :whee:

I wonder if I should have included speculating in the title. I suppose that would have thrown slym2none's "*spoon* , marry, kill" theory out though which was funny enough that I'm glad I didn't.

-Tyraxus

I just realized this thread's title was a nicer way to say

, marry, kill

:D

-slym

I was thinking the exact same thing!

I guess great minds think alike! Although I have no idea what that expression has to do with the two of us... just thought I'd mention it as a random aside. (thumbs u