• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valiant backed by major investment

37 posts in this topic

Yup (thumbs u

Just placed a couple of eBay orders to grab a few things before the movie speculators grab them.

For one? I have a Rai 0 in a 9.8 slab coming my way. Seller accepted my best offer and this book is finally on its way.

I also placed a MCS order to pick up a few cheap things I've been meaning to grab for awhile. There are a couple of things I would like to have in a 9.8 but will happily settle for my 9.6's because if some start speculating the 9.8's will become unreasonable.

:whee:

If there is an entire universe of comics I appreciate more than any other, it is Valiant Comics.

I am assuming all the movie productions in-flight get moved up now.

Valiant's ARCHER & ARMSTRONG Movie In Development

J. Michael Straczynski Talks Shadowman Film

Bloodshot Movie Confirmed at Special Edition: NYC, Series Returns in October

I believe LYT from Topless Robot put it best:

My first question is how the *spoon* did Valiant pull this off before Image? Does Todd McFarlane scare off investors when he starts talking about his nipples?

I believe LYT from Topless Robot put it best:

My first question is how the *spoon* did Valiant pull this off before Image? Does Todd McFarlane scare off investors when he starts talking about his nipples?

Yes.

Ask Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling about his dealings with Todd McFarlane.

38 videos destruction.

50 million gone!

Aside from the love for the comics, curious if people think this is viable? From my perspective, I still think there is lots of doubt whether DC will be able to get there movies off without a crash and burn.

More companies trying to join in seems like they would be even more likely to struggle.

Aside from the love for the comics, curious if people think this is viable? From my perspective, I still think there is lots of doubt whether DC will be able to get there movies off without a crash and burn.

More companies trying to join in seems like they would be even more likely to struggle.

You don't have to read comics to know who the DC characters are.

How many people that do read comics know about Valiants "creations"? There is no way this happens, and if it happens its going to lose as much money as Battleship Earth.

How many people that do read comics know about Valiants "creations"? There is no way this happens, and if it happens its going to lose as much money as Battleship Earth.

Rebuttal:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Big Hero 6

Kick-

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Wanted

The Crow

Men in Black

As the above movies show, non-comic readers don't have to have heard of a comic-related property or adaptation for it to be enormously successful.

In conjunction with this new partnership, DMG has made an eight-figure (USD) series C round of equity investment into Valiant, which the company will use to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.

DMG has dedicated an additional nine-figures (USD) of film financing capital toward the production of theatrical films and television programs based on Valiant's library of iconic superhero characters, including the currently-in-development Shadowman, Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong. No specific numbers have been disclosed, although the agreement is likely the largest film financing deal for a comic book publisher since the formation of Marvel Studios in 2005.

Doesn't this mean even more than the nine-figure seed money has been provided to Valiant?

Rebuttal:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Big Hero 6

Kick-

Wanted

The Crow

Men in Black

As the above movies show, non-comic readers don't have to have heard of a comic-related property or adaptation for it to be enormously successful.

More specifically... Looper. Cost $30Million, made $176Million.

Produced by the same company (DMG) providing funding to Valiant.

If there is an entire universe of comics I appreciate more than any other, it is Valiant Comics.

I am assuming all the movie productions in-flight get moved up now.

Valiant's ARCHER & ARMSTRONG Movie In Development

J. Michael Straczynski Talks Shadowman Film

Bloodshot Movie Confirmed at Special Edition: NYC, Series Returns in October

Archer & Armstrong!!!!

:applause::whee::headbang:

6H5Ekmm.jpghm

In conjunction with this new partnership, DMG has made an eight-figure (USD) series C round of equity investment into Valiant, which the company will use to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.

DMG has dedicated an additional nine-figures (USD) of film financing capital toward the production of theatrical films and television programs based on Valiant's library of iconic superhero characters, including the currently-in-development Shadowman, Bloodshot and Archer & Armstrong. No specific numbers have been disclosed, although the agreement is likely the largest film financing deal for a comic book publisher since the formation of Marvel Studios in 2005.

Doesn't this mean even more than the nine-figure seed money has been provided to Valiant?

It is a two-part investment.

Valiant Gets Funding to Develop Marvel-Style Valiant Comics Movie Universe

DMG has put eight figures worth of funding into Valiant “to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.” But that’s not all. The press release announcing the deal also trumpets an additional nine-figure investment towards development of film and TV projects featuring Valiant characters such as Bloodshot, Shadowman, and Archer & Armstrong. The goal of the partnership between Valiant and DMG is significant, and they’re not hiding it, as the announcement proclaims the creation of the “largest independent superhero universe.”

So it is much larger than originally thought.

Rebuttal:

Guardians of the Galaxy

Big Hero 6

Kick-

Wanted

The Crow

Men in Black

More specifically... Looper. Cost $30Million, made $176Million.

Produced by the same company (DMG) providing funding to Valiant.

Loved Looper, and always wanted a sequel.

:wishluck:

It is a two-part investment.

Valiant Gets Funding to Develop Marvel-Style Valiant Comics Movie Universe

DMG has put eight figures worth of funding into Valiant “to further its efforts in international publishing, film, television, licensing and beyond.” But that’s not all. The press release announcing the deal also trumpets an additional nine-figure investment towards development of film and TV projects featuring Valiant characters such as Bloodshot, Shadowman, and Archer & Armstrong. The goal of the partnership between Valiant and DMG is significant, and they’re not hiding it, as the announcement proclaims the creation of the “largest independent superhero universe.”

So it is much larger than originally thought.

What I`m reading between the lines is action figures and video games as well.

:cloud9:

What I`m reading between the lines is action figures and video games as well.

:cloud9:

And Halloween costumes. Don't forget the Halloween costumes. They already have the design to use from the 2014 Olympics.

gallery_1397_64_26274.jpg