• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Next Comic Book Age?

38 posts in this topic

how about the FOIL AGE?

Seems appropriate for this era !! ;)

Now, it would say it began with Spiderman #1.

Is it the first multi-variant-polybagged-foiled-covers book ?

I think the speculator age seems appropriate.

Sad but true

one could maybe make that claim to the bronze age in some respects.

While I doubt the 1990s Drek Age/ Foil Age/Chromium /Crummyum Age will be as highly collected in the short term, you never know what the future holds so using a derogatory name for an age is probably not wise. Kind of why I went with Foil Age -- Foil is a metal but a film layer of a metal. Chromium sounds pricey or fancier.

I would equate calling the 1990s the speculator age with calling the war years the recycling age.

Perhaps the focus should be on the change of the paper used such as the Pulp-less Golden Age? Or the change in how comic books were distributed, Direct Age?

Not sure if either of those step on the toes of the copper age though. If it does-- maybe the copper age needs to be extended through 1999 or whatever year digital copies started being widely used.

Maybe this has been discussed here before...but thought I would open up the question here.

What will the next comic age be? (The Digital Age??)

What will cause it to be called an "Age"??

Are we in the new age now...and it just hasn't been called a new Age yet??

Bottom line: When does (or did) the "Modern Age" end?

Me? I think you might be able to make a case for a "Digital Age"...but this "age" would be defined by format...not a comic character event. That seems wrong.

Thoughts?

Digital Age, and it`s already here.

Kind of like the Silver and the Bronze Age were happening, but nobody were calling them that, while it was happening, until years later.

They weren't being called the Silver or Bronze age because they were the modern age at the time. Whatever time we're presently in, that's the Modern age. Those books that came out last week or next month are the Modern Age. It doesn't matter if it's 1965 or 1982 or 1999 or 2015 or 2037. That's the Modern Age if you're buying books around that time.

They weren't being called the Silver or Bronze age because they were the modern age at the time. Whatever time we're presently in, that's the Modern age. Those books that came out last week or next month are the Modern Age. It doesn't matter if it's 1965 or 1982 or 1999 or 2015 or 2037. That's the Modern Age if you're buying books around that time.

They should maybe just go by decade like after the Silver Age.

It`s getting kind of ridiculous to call a comic book that came out in1994 a modern comic book. That`s over 20 years ago! :o

Golden Age I can see because it`s the beginning of something special like the Golden Age of Hollywood or TV or Radio, then the Silver age which is the transition is reasonably named,but then they should just stop naming them ages and go by decade.

Best of the 1970s.

Best of the 1980s.

Best of the 1990s.

If someone has a better idea please put for the argument of why it should go past the silver age?

I would be interested in hearing a different reasoning why.

in 1975 gold and silver age were used all the time. bronze age came into wide use toward the end of the 1970s as I recall. Not sure what happened after that as I left the hobby. Still not sure when bronze ends and copper begins