• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay best-offer-accepted listings just got more stoopid.

15 posts in this topic

First, they blocked being able to see what the item sold for. Now they are not even showing the items as best-offer-accepted items and instead listing the asking price as the sale price.

Case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-COMICS-7-CBCS-0-5-Classic-WW-II-CAPT-AMERICA-cover-by-Schomburg-RARE-/291403438675

Maybe it's just a temporary bug, but still something to look out for if you are doing price research.

First, they blocked being able to see what the item sold for. Now they are not even showing the items as best-offer-accepted items and instead listing the asking price as the sale price.

Case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-COMICS-7-CBCS-0-5-Classic-WW-II-CAPT-AMERICA-cover-by-Schomburg-RARE-/291403438675

Maybe it's just a temporary bug, but still something to look out for if you are doing price research.

I'm not sure what you are saying here - when I look at that listing, it has the price marked out and "Best offer accepted" underneath.

Weird, on Chrome it says nothing about best offer accepted with no line through the original asking price, but on Firefox and Safari it does.

Yeah, that's what I was seeing too in firefox last night, but it's correct now. That's why I started this thread. I know ebay in general doesn't want people to know what best-offer-accepted listing sold for, so I thought maybe they were doing this intentionally. But now it looks like it's just some random temporary bug.

Weird, on Chrome it says nothing about best offer accepted with no line through the original asking price, but on Firefox and Safari it does.

Ebay on Chrome has been very buggy lately.. Sometimes pages will show as errors, sometimes best offer would not show (like the example above).. Anyone experiencing the same on Chrome?

There is now an option, when someone inquires to a seller about an item, for the seller to send the inquirer an offer. If this offer is accepted, Ebay just shows it as sold at full price.

There is no way of knowing from the listing that this happened. However, if the buyer leaves feedback, the real sale price is shown in the feedback.

That's not what my question was about... I know what it sold for because I am the buyer. For a while, the listing was coming up incorrectly, making it look like it was an ordinary buy-it-now in which the buy-it-now price was the sale price. rjpb noticed the same thing. I was thinking maybe this was one of the ways ebay was trying to prevent people from learning what best-offer-accepted listings actually sold for, but now it looks like it's just some random intermittent bug.