• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very sad art day...

25 posts in this topic

Well, I got my winnings from clink today. I really love the piece but the sad thing is now that I have a 2x page, I am going to have to buy more. I really want another Kirby monster page. BTW, Clink did an amazing job packing this.

6C9ABCC8-3EDC-4C57-9856-87BE06A1EA9A.jpg

Well, I got my winnings from clink today. I really love the piece but the sad thing is now that I have a 2x page, I am going to have to buy more. I really want another Kirby monster page. BTW, Clink did an amazing job packing this.

My condolences that you must now be inconvenienced by desire.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Hey Jimbo,

If you saw this piece in person you would definitely see my point. I am actually thinking I may be done with modern sized art (except for a few select items) and focus on 2x ups going forward. I had a couple already but they are panel pages and just don't have quite the same impact as a splash.

Grrg

Hey Jimbo,

If you saw this piece in person you would definitely see my point. I am actually thinking I may be done with modern sized art (except for a few select items) and focus on 2x ups going forward. I had a couple already but they are panel pages and just don't have quite the same impact as a splash.

Grrg

..... Kirby and Ditko as well, are really a whole 'nother ballgame at 2X...... there have been some superb PHM pages from that story and YOU have the splash. What a conversation piece that page would be hanging on the wall in your Rec Room...... GOD BLESS...

......some pages that also truly blow the mind from this genre and time are owned by Sharky..... from the Fin Fang Foom story....GOD BLESS...

I love that page. I was going to bid on it and then got sidetracked.

Hey Jimbo,

Grrg

..... Kirby and Ditko as well, are really a whole 'nother ballgame at 2X...... there have been some superb PHM pages from that story and YOU have the splash. What a conversation piece that page would be hanging on the wall in your Rec Room...... GOD BLESS...

Agreed, except the conversation might be around why bruce banner looks funny in this picture :insane: Very nice piece.

Hey Jimbo,

Grrg

You need an EC page next, they make the twice-up pages look averaged sized :baiting:

Congrats!

That was my page - had to sell it. I miss it already, so this really IS a sad art day for me! lol But my loss is your gain, and I am truly glad it went to someone who appreciates it!

There's no question - Twice Up Silver Age art is just gorgeous, especially splash pages and covers.

:applause:

Batman_Fan: I now love twice-up art!

RSonenthal: Me too!

DeLekkerste: +1

RonanKillack: Twice-up art is awesome!

Sharkey: I used to own a lot of twice-up art.

Comix4Fun: Kirby and Ditko twice-up art is King. :sumo:

Thread dies, 3 months pass:

Batman_Fan: I still need me some more twice-up art!

RSonenthal: I know! I can't get enough! :ohnoez:

DeLekkerste: :insane:

RonanKillack: :banana:

Sharkey: I miss my twice-up art. :(

Comix4Fun: Kirby and Ditko twice-up art still rules. :sumo:

:jokealert:

Hey Jimbo,

Grrg

You need an EC page next, they make the twice-up pages look averaged sized :baiting:

A Jack Davis EC splash is really high on my list.