• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree on a budget - Dave Berg Two-Fisted Tales

10 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6507287053

I bought this on Ebay...kind of cool to own a Pedigree book, CGCd, and from an artist I'm a fan of, for under what it would have cost for me to send the same book into CGC for grading.

I'd buy books like this every day on Ebay if they showed up more often.

Yah, it's from the Dave Berg collection...that's a pedigree to me. They have a few other low grade Berg books on there right now for cheap prices (above guide but still only $15-30 plus shipping.

I mean, you could buy a 9.8 copy of New Avengers #1 for $30 or a 50 year old book with some history attatched to it for less. Seems like a no brainer.

Actually the book is from the Dave Berg collection and this is noted on the label just above the page quality notes. thumbsup2.gif

Well..."Dallas Stephens" is on the label of some books, too, but that don't make it a real pedigree.

Not in any way trying to belittle Rictor's purchase, as I think it's a neat book. thumbsup2.gif Just addressing the "pedigree" distinction...

Well..."Dallas Stephens" is on the label of some books, too, but that don't make it a real pedigree.

Not in any way trying to belittle Rictor's purchase, as I think it's a neat book. thumbsup2.gif Just addressing the "pedigree" distinction...

I agree, Collection & Pedigree are two totally different things! thumbsup2.gif

I agree, Collection & Pedigree are two totally different things! thumbsup2.gif

And don't forget about

assemblage

group

quantity

heap

mass

pile

bunch

stack

passal

For example, I would say the Nic Cage books are an assemblage, while Mile High II would be a mass-quantity. Man, this is getting confusing!

And all that's without even consulting the thesaurus! insane.gif